"Pixar Dumps Disney"

I'm not surprised - the relationship between Disney and Pixar has long been strained. Look at all the digs against big corporations like Disney in Monsters Inc, as well as all the background muttering on Disney interference in Pixar projects.

Sounds to me like Pixar wasn't willing to put up with the hassle of dealing with Disney unless they got massive amounts of cash. Given the huge sucess (both financial and critical) of their films, Pixar are probably worth what they are asking.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
I'm not surprised - the relationship between Disney and Pixar has long been strained. Look at all the digs against big corporations like Disney in Monsters Inc, as well as all the background muttering on Disney interference in Pixar projects.

Sounds to me like Pixar wasn't willing to put up with the hassle of dealing with Disney unless they got massive amounts of cash. Given the huge sucess (both financial and critical) of their films, Pixar are probably worth what they are asking.

What i've always wondered is, how much Disney is in Pixar movies?
In a movie like Finding Nemo, did Pixar just do it all themselves, or does Disney have some input on the product? Cause if they don't, then they're better off alone, seen their track record, they get more and more successful with each movie...

In a movie like Finding Nemo, did Pixar just do it all themselves, or does Disney have some input on the product? Cause if they don't, then they're better off alone, seen their track record, they get more and more successful with each movie...

Disney provides the distribution channel and promotion, I belived. You won't get anywhere if you don't have those two. And maybe Disney provides some of the funding for the movie, I am not sure on this though.

So I guess Pixar has a replacement inline where they can get larger slice of the pie.

V3 said:

Disney provides the distribution channel and promotion, I belived. You won't get anywhere if you don't have those two. And maybe Disney provides some of the funding for the movie, I am not sure on this though.

So I guess Pixar has a replacement inline where they can get larger slice of the pie.

So, in terms of content, those movies are 100% Pixar material, right?

Then i'm sure they will find many big names fighting to get them under their wing, it's a matter of who gives them more money and more benefits...

I'm quite sure that Sony or Warner Bros. or some of the other major entertainment companies are chomping at the bit for an opportuinity for a deal with Pixar... They are practically a no-lose investment right now. Anyone who is not Disney will make money they were not making before by working with Pixar, almost no matter what their deal turns out to be... Pixar will definately do better without Disney if Disney isn't willing to negotiate. Other companies will relish the opportunity to negotiate with Pixar.

Pixar has their own writers. Disney hasn't had significant input in Pixar films since Toy Story I believe.

From my reading and understanding Disney has had NOTHING to do with the content of Pixar's films, just distribution and advertising.

Disney freaking cut off their nose to spite their face with this one, there are companies lining up to give Pixar a better deal!

Back