Peter Moore says "BC team is trying to get every game working"

Docwiz

Newcomer
In an interview this past Friday, Peter Moore says that the BC team is trying to get every game on the Xbox 1 emulated on the Xbox 360.

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/06/11/Show-_2300_178-The-one-with-Peter-Moore.aspx

He said there are 20 games or more coming this next week or so. He gives away ONLY two of them in the interview. Doom 3 and Lego Starwars are the titles.

He says that when they did the interview they took what he was saying out of context.
You can hear how he ment it verses how they took it and I honestly believe him. It makes for a great story when you can freak people out.

Anyway, this is him in a candid interview telling what he really said about BC and how they took it the wrong way.

Last edited by a moderator:
new additional Backward compat titles released now for June 06

June 2006 Back Compat titles added:

1. 4x4 EVO 2
2. Amped® 2
3. Bad Boys 2
4. Big Mutha Truckers
5. DOOM 3®
6. Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
7. Fatal Frameâ„¢
8. FlatOutâ„¢
9. Grabbed by the Ghouliesâ„¢
10. Intellivision Lives
11. LEGO® Star Wars®
12. Minority Report
13. MLB SlugFest 20-04
14. The Punisherâ„¢
15. RalliSport Challenge
16. Silent Hill® 4: The Room
17. Spawn® Armageddon
18. Spider-Man
19. Star Wars Battlefrontâ„¢
20. State of Emergency
21. Zapperâ„¢

Additional Japanese-only titles:

Bistro Cupid 1
Flight Academy
Othello Seminar
Igo Seminar
Shogi Seminar
Mahjong Seminar

Only 4 or 5 games there that only intrest me kinda. If they get Shenmue II, MGS2 and Outrun working, I'll be happy.

Serious Sam 2 !!! Come on that is a great Multiplayer / Co-Op game. I know its not a huge hit but I and a few friends have a blast playing through the game in co op mode and are anxiously waiting for BC for the Xbox 360 :) You need Xbox Live and a few friends to really appreciate it. If you havnt played it, give it a try especially in Co Op mode. Can be tough at times playing single player but a frag fest and a bunch of laughs with friends.

I wonder why Resurrection of Evil didn't make the list if they got Doom 3 working.

I'd rather they focus on quality over quanity. I mean there are some more games I'd like to see running on my 360, but I'd much rather have Halo 2 run as well as it does on an original Xbox.

Yeah, said there would be more updates right in the same "nobody cares" interview. There wasn't any issue with that for anyone who actually knows how to read.

kyleb said:
Yeah, said there would be more updates right in the same "nobody cares" interview. There wasn't any issue with that for anyone who actually knows how to read.

Fact is most people (at least I thought including me) were jumping on him about his opinion that "people didn't care about BC". I never thought that updates were going to stop happening after his dumb statement. Did you?

I saw quite a few people around the net jump to the concolusion that they were calling BC finished, but no I read the whole thing the first time and understood what he was saying.

Again though, I do think it is crap. Halo 2 and other top games still have issues, MS even lists some of those issues on their support page, yet Peter Moore says they "over delivered." :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how much the 360s differ from machine to machine, best I can tell there have been no major revisions which would be effecting Halo 2. Opinions of what "works fine" means certianly differs from person to person though.

In all fairness they continue to release patches to imrpove performance on games that are not working well. So whatever the PR statement is with regards to overdelivering, the work is still being done behind the scenes to improve performance.

I haven't noticed any serious issues with Halo 2 on my 360.

Halo, on the other hand, routinely runs like crap on my 360.

How do you figure? the known issues list on MS's own support page has only grown since it has gone up, I have yet to see them reslolve any of those issues and Halo 2 still runs as bad on my 360 today as it did the day I got it.

If they are working this hard this long and only got twenty games, I say throw in the towel.

Are there a lot of big games left that aren't supported? And how many of those do a lot of people actually play anymore? Just keep your Xbox if you need it that much.

I think this bodes ill for Sony's planned attempt at future software BC too. Unless there is something about the respective architecture transitions that gives them an edge. But I dont see how, seems like they're all switching from one kind of hardware to another.

All I'm thinking is what, they've got 200 titles done and there were over 800 released on Xbox? If those numbers are correct, they'll never finish.

Myself the only game I cared about that wasn't BC was SF2. But once the XBLA version was announced to be forthcoming, it kinda made that moot. So at this point I dont care at all. I sold my Xbox and all the games except SF2 and Halo.

kyleb said:
How do you figure? the known issues list on MS's own support page has only grown since it has gone up, I have yet to see them reslolve any of those issues and Halo 2 still runs as bad on my 360 today as it did the day I got it.

I had read somewhere that the latest update improved performance in a number of games, I can't seem to find it now.

NRP said:
I haven't noticed any serious issues with Halo 2 on my 360.
Try some Legendary co-op and watch it chug violently and listen to the sound cut out. It does that in single player and in full screen online during very intense action as well, but the co-op and high difficulty really shows off the problem.

sonyps35 said:
I think this bodes ill for Sony's planned attempt at future software BC too. Unless there is something about the respective architecture transitions that gives them an edge. But I dont see how, seems like they're all switching from one kind of hardware to another.
It's called building your hardware with the software functionality in mind. Mondren PS2s are built with that same consideration in respect to PS1 BC.

Back