PC's Assassin Creed Official System Requirements: 2GB of RAM

Discussion in 'Beyond3D News' started by B3D News, Jan 22, 2008.

1. pjbliverpool

pjbliverpool B3D Scallywag
    Legend

What happened to all that extra detail? :???:

2. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

They skinned us, no really I thought I had seen that image before and I happened to se it in a magazine a couple of days ago (old magazine with promo/bs shot for console version). My memory is top notch after all ( :lol: ). But to all modders, take out your forks and change the lod's!

It would be nice with a POM shader mod, let's hope for it? Becouse I find the textures a bit on the low side.

3. Galduta

Veteran

The RAM usage only is 700 MB at 1080p - 1000 /1100 MB with Win XP . The VRAM.. I believe that nor more than 250 o 300MB .The textures not are wery goods , is a 3 person game and looks a bit without resolution, and without massive use of normal or paralax

Is the same version . Maybe with more or minus NPC , this is difficult to see , but the same version . The version of 360 is more saturated , but with the digital vibrance to 20 - 25 look equal in PC .

4. AlBran

AlBran Ferro-Fibrous
    Moderator Legend

That's likely due to sRGB differences between PC hardware and the 360 (besides monitor/TV handling of signals). Check out either "HDR The Bungie Way" or Valve's presentation on Post-Processing in Orange Box if you'd like to know more.

5. pjbliverpool

Legend

Hmm, so no improvement at all other than resolution? Colour me unimpressed. I was considering getting this but I think I'll go with Mass Effect instead.

6. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Yeah I think I'm just going to get it on the PS3 instead. Was waiting for it on PC in the hope of extra details etc. but this is rather poor. It ran really well but the lack of AA and detail convinced me to get rid of it straight away. They'll still get my money but I wish it was for a PC title instead.

7. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

It's a sad story, I was hoping for more to. I had only seen some ss before but seeing more fullsize images it does look bad. So many sprites and sprite objects/background parts and no aa support? No deal then.

BTW I find it interesting reading Galdutas RAM usage note at full detail under WinXP, 800-1100MB? The that would mean about 300-500MB more for Vista and perhaps 500-800 for Vista x64. That leaves me hanging in the air with one question...

'3GB!?'

But if the gameplay holds it then perhaps it is still a good buy, especially if it is tweakable to atleast make our G8x cards to "wake up"! :smile:

8. pjbliverpool

Legend

Even without major improvements though I'm hoping for the PC version to at least sport higher resolution and more AA/AF along with a higher or equal framerate on decent hardware. That coupled with likely shorter load times, the ability to use no-CD cracks if you like and the fact that the PC version will certainly be cheaper still makes it the better buy IMO.

But then my PC is plugged into the same TV and sound system that the 360 is so as long as this game supports the 360 pad (which i'm sure it will) then I have no "comfort" considerations to account for like some would when choosing between PC and console versions of the same game.

9. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

Dunno anything about that .. all is default .. I installed and played. Nvidia drivers are 169.21.

US

#189 Unknown Soldier, Mar 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2008