PC <-> Xbox One Cross Play

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend

Microsoft has done that very rarely in the past, but now they are more focused to do this?
It seems Fable Legends and Ori The Blind Forest will the the first titles to be released on PC and X1 with crossplay support.

Now, if they also release Forza (already demoed on PC) AND Halo... OMG and Quantum Break?! Microsoft back in the game like 90's. (okay i gotta stop dreaming lol)

524HWYT.png

Last edited:
Only Fable has cross platform online play, which is too small a sample for us to see what MS plans for future . Ori has no coop, it only has same day of release on Xbone and PC.

In the past we had simmilar experiments. Shadowrun FPS had MP that span between X360&PC players [that did not go well], Portal 2 was integrated into Steamworks on PC and PS3, and few MMOs unified console and PC gamers into one gameworld [Sony is better on that front, but X360 had FF11 at least].

And don't expect those Xbone exclusives to come on PC anytime soon [maybe years after those games are out on console]. If they come immediatley, MS will instantly make Xbone much less desirable for customers.

DieH@rd said:
And don't expect those Xbone exclusives to come on PC anytime soon [maybe years after those games are out on console]. If they come immediatley, MS will instantly make Xbone much less desirable for customers.

I completely agree! What would be the point of all the hard work Ms has been putting into the Xbox one with monthly updates to the UI as well as into the XDK?
Fable has pretty much always had a PC release. So that isn't anything new. I think the main point of cross play will be playing 3rd party AAAs and indies across console and PC. They will need to enforce some sort of standard to even the playing field though. Like requiring PC players to use a Xbox One controller or allowing keyboard and mouse play on the console side. They may even require PC game frame caps during online multiplayer sessions. I'm sure there will be 1st party games released simultaneously for PC and XB1, but they still need exclusives console side to compete with competition.

Halo would be great on the p.c
in fact the only people playing Halo 1 are p.c players as the console version can no longer be played online
Actually its just struck me a cross play game is most likely to have the servers only runnable by ms or the dev of the game. This is not a good thing

with the release of the mcc you can play halo 1 on the bone but like 4 or 5 years into the xbox 360 they shut down all the xbox original servers so they could update xbox live to allow more players and better voice chat quality and the like.

Back