[PC] Wolfenstein 2009

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Davros, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Kaotik

Kaotik Drunk Member
    Legend

cheats also come available straight via menu after you complete the SP-campaign, so for replay-value you don't need to go add them there yourself

2. Bludd

Bludd Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall
    Veteran

I am underwhelmed. The graphics aren't very good at all and especially the textures are not as crisp and sharp as we've become used to. I would have liked to be able to use higher resolution textures.

Gameplay is not very innovative and exciting, but that may be from the clunky mouse control. Apparently the vertical mouse sensitivity is, by default, half of the horizontal mouse sensitivity. Even at the highest setting in the GUI, it feels like you have something sticky under your mouse.

Big huge meh all around.

3. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Its from ID ! What engine is it using? Doom 3? Doesn't look like that though!
    I didn't know it was out already? :shock:

4. Bludd

Bludd Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall
    Veteran

Raven made the game.

5. RenegadeRocks

Legend

They also made Quake 4 , so must be the Doom 3 engine only. Heard they have altered it a lot.

How's the SP? I want some old school SP goodness, with all the ridiculousness that games used to posses :D !

6. Kaotik

Kaotik Drunk Member
    Legend

The MP uses ETWQ-based version of id Tech 4 engine ("Doom 3" engine"), but SP uses IIRC D3D-renderer, other engine features being from id Tech 4

7. Florin

Florin Merrily dodgy
    Veteran Subscriber

You can also get AA by copying or renaming the SP\Wolf2.exe to XR_3DA.exe and setting the antialiasing level in the Stalker profile of the Nvidia driver. This works fine for me on a GTX280 on Vista64 with the 190.62 driver. No need to have nHancer installed and looks great.

8. dizietsma

Banned

The visual quality is so low I cannot play it, it seems to be little better than RTCW, if at all. I think I must have been spoilt by COD modern warfare and Crysis.