[PC] Resident Evil 5

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Dresden, Sep 21, 2009.

1. tongue_of_colicab

Veteran

Its as comfortable as the comparision between being shot or being stabbed. You want neither.

2. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

3. I.S.T.

Veteran

Huh. I'm not having that problem on my PC or X360 copies. Though, I'm not using an X360 controller for the PC version.

I've not heard any complaints about that before. Perhaps something's up with the controller's out of game settings?

4. L. Scofield

Veteran

I don't see how you could like the RE4 controls but not RE5's. They exactly the same.

5. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Played this over at a friends place, not sure if I'm going to pick it up or not but have to say controls are an order of magnitude better than the last RE game I played (RE 2 or 3 I think).

They at least finally have FPS aiming with mouse. And I can understand having to stop to aim. So that doesn't bug me as much as I thought it would.

But why oh why, no melee on the move. That part in particular still feels so unnatural.

But anyways, PC controls are now pretty good. With most weapons you can stop and pop pretty much anything really fast. There's some obvious exceptions though, Rocket Launcher takes forever, but that's a bit understandable considering how powerful that is.

But, for a horror survival game. I'm not really getting a sense of horror or even trepidation with this compared to past RE's. Then again only got through a 3 or 4 levels at the start before I headed hom.

I think part of it is just the fact that it's so easy to hit/kill just about anything with mouse and keyboard. FPS aiming with guns = easy headshots/easy kills/no suspense/no fear.

Graphics were pretty nice though and it has AA, so maybe I'll pick it up.

Regards,
    SB

6. Silent_Buddha

Legend

7. John Reynolds

John Reynolds Ecce homo
    Veteran

Especially with librarian glasses.

8. DuckThor Evil

DuckThor Evil Anas platyrhynchos
    Legend Veteran

I personally think that less is more :)