[PC] Need For Speed: Shift

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by trinibwoy, Sep 19, 2009.

1. cp2009

Newcomer

I heard the problem has to do with tickrates... there is a mod by "yoda star" (that's you isnt it?) but it's for 1.0 version not 1.02. Either way when I have chance I will lower down the physics since you've said max physic = need a gpu.

2. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

The tickrate is for the primary physics engine that is for cars. By having higher tickrate to a certain value you get better track response as in feeling track 'detail' due to tighter contact points so to say. Also secondary physics PhysX engine dont need GPU and cant use GPU becouse it is PhysX software version (CPU only) they use. What most likely is going on is the Shift<->Catalyst bug that can make your game stutter would it fall down even just 1 frame below your monitors Hz rate for set resolution.

I'll check if I can find something more about your problem. :)

3. cp2009

Newcomer

I could not find any way to change the game's collision setting. Could be a CAT bug as you've mentioned. It happens regardless, for me, of fps. I could be running at 100fps and as soon as I touch another car the animation will look jerky (I don't lose frames just animation is totally laggy). The rest of the game does not stutter, only the cars will when they collide.

4. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

5. RenegadeRocks

Legend

WoW ! Whjat a looker this game is!!!!!!!!!!! :D !!!!!!!
    But how do I change the camera from the default in-cockpit view(though its awesome I want to see my car!) ?

6. Davros

Legend

options, gameplay, controls, change camera

7. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Sorry for troubling you :) ! It was just that I had just got the game and pressed every key to change camera at that time ! Add to that the game doesn't let you "QUIT" in ur first race :p !

Its "F" ! Pretty strange choice as mostly its "C" !

Loving the game so far ! First realistic looking game that lets me play it as an arcadey game ! Wish GT5 would let me do that !

8. Davros

Legend

you can change the keys you know

9. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

It does! :razz:

But really if you got PC version pick up some mods for it. The physics engine and much of the values are actually pretty much carbon copy of GTR2 PC sim but with some additions. Just some multipliers to tweak a tiny bit etc to unlock the beast.

10. RenegadeRocks

Legend

I understand that, my dear friend. It was just that I was in my first race, and the only options showing up in the pause menu were 'audio and video' and the game doesn't let u quit in ur first race. I thought due to poritng from the consoles, maybe it doesn't support seeing any other options while in a race. That is why i asked. it turned out later that all these restrictions are just for the first race. it was a strange decision from the Dev side.

@Nebula: Give me the links to the mods, especially if there are some GFX mods.

11. Davros

Legend

hang on if you like the arcade side of shift do you really want the mods ?

ps: if you like arcade racers get testdrive unlimited

12. RenegadeRocks

Legend

I wanted Graphics mods if there are any :) !

Wait a sec ! Test Drive is arcadey ? I had always beleived it was sim and stayed away :???: !

13. Davros

Legend

Testdrive Unlimited is a fantastic arcade racer, much better than the competing games in the nfs series released at the time carbon and prostreet.

[​IMG]

14. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend