PC Gamepass (formerly Xbox Game Pass for PC), now includes EA Play! [XGP:PC]

MfA

Legend
God, Gamepass is such a fragile coded piece of fucking shit.

Fresh Windows 11, old game I've never played (Neoverse) and it gets fucking stuck syncing. Syncing what for fucks sake? All the suggested solutions boil down, try to randomly repair/reset/reinstall/delete shit until the fucking piece of disastrously coded bullshit unfucks itself. Fuck that. I thought I'd resub since they gave up on windowsapps directory for games, but it's still bad for my blood pressure.

Unfuck yourself Microsoft, Apple is going to eat you alive and I'm increasingly unable to give a shit.

MfA

Legend
That was maybe a bit much for a game not working. Oh well, working now. I think packetloss on the cable modem was making syncing never complete despite still getting decent download speeds, the cable modem needed a reset due to work on the network.

Still think I'll hold off on gamepass for a while, DLCs for games often make it more like trialware than anything else. As I said, I do appreciate they abandoned windowsapps.

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
God, Gamepass is such a fragile coded piece of fucking shit.

Fresh Windows 11, old game I've never played (Neoverse) and it gets fucking stuck syncing. Syncing what for fucks sake? All the suggested solutions boil down, try to randomly repair/reset/reinstall/delete shit until the fucking piece of disastrously coded bullshit unfucks itself. Fuck that. I thought I'd resub since they gave up on windowsapps directory for games, but it's still bad for my blood pressure.

Unfuck yourself Microsoft, Apple is going to eat you alive and I'm increasingly unable to give a shit.

and its been full of weird issues since forever

anyway, the "sync" at game start is save game sync. some games have really large save files and lots of save files, making the sync stuck. need to manually go to the appdata folder and remove all save games and leave just 1.

but if its the savegame folder thats having issue, then need to remove all save games.

but if the tons of save games are already backedup to xbox cloud save, then it will keep doing long sync.