PC Game Pass, now includes EA Play! [PCGP, XGP:PC]

Best value is to let it expire, stock up 3 years for Gold, then convert to GamePass Ultimate with a 1 month code or a $1 trial.

I just did this and didn't get the option of the $1/£1 upgrade. Has to fork out for the 1st month. Definitely the way to do it though unless MS change their policy regarding the Gold=Ultimate conversion in the next few months.

Best value is to get it free or 50% off

Absolutely, but for those who don't do Microsoft Rewards, it's the least number of steps for them. They still get 3 years for substantially less than they would pay otherwise.

Looks like PC GamePass will be expanding to new territories sometime this year.

Yep and the Xbox insider joining were pretty much instaneons. The weird thing is that... It also works with my US-region Xbox account. Just need to change the windows region.

Btw

Did I slipped into a different reality?
My memory says I've posted that, but it's not here.

Probably my memory is playing tricks at me again. Hench my username

Yep and the Xbox insider joining were pretty much instaneons. The weird thing is that... It also works with my US-region Xbox account. Just need to change the windows region.

Btw

Did I slipped into a different reality?
My memory says I've posted that, but it's not here.

Probably my memory is playing tricks at me again. Hench my username

You posted about it in the console forum. :)

Regards,
SB

Best value is to let it expire, stock up 3 years for Gold, then convert to GamePass Ultimate with a 1 month code or a $1 trial.
I know nothing of Xbox or GamePass so could you dumb this down for me?

Like this?

I just bought the £1 trial, so I already screwed up?

I know nothing of Xbox or GamePass so could you dumb this down for me?

Like this?

I just bought the £1 trial, so I already screwed up?

TL/DR: Let it expire then do those steps, but might be tiny bit more for 1 month GamePass Ultimate code if they don't let you use a $1 trial.

Xbox Gold is for consoles ($60 a year)
Xbox Game Pass is for consoles ($10 a month)
PC GamePass is for PCs and includes PC EA Play ($10 a month)
Game Pass Ultimate includes PC Gamepass, PC EA Play, Xbox Gold, Xbox GamePass, and Console EA Play and Cloud Streaming. ($15 a month)

If you want GamePass Ultimate, then the best way of doing it is how they listed it out. If you did not stock up on Live Gold before hand, then let the GamePass Ultimate expire. Once it's expired, you load up on Xbox Gold for 3 years, then redeem 1 month of GamePass Ultimate. When done in that order, the upgrade conversion is 1 to 1.

If you only want PC GamePass then the math to figure out if GamePass Ultimate is worth it becomes comparing the following two costs:

3 * ($45 to $60 for Gold Year) + $15 Ultimate = $180 + $15 = $195 for 3 years of GamePass Ultimate

3 * (12 * $10 month) = $360 for 3 years of only PC GamePass

3 * (12 * $15 month) = $540 for 3 years of GamePass Ultimate

The first Gold Conversion equation depends on how cheap you can get 1 year of Gold for. Even at the highest price you can see it maxes at $195 for 3 years of everything in GamePass Ultimate doing the conversion upgrade. It would be $360 just for PC GamePass. It would be $540 for GamePass Ultimate if you paid monthly.

If you want continuous service for 3 years then the conversion upgrade is where it's at. However, it may be in your interest to pick and choose what months you want it. Like maybe pick it up for just 2 to 4 months a year when you have time to play. All depends on how you think you could use it.

Some details about Ubisoft games on PC Game Pass was made available today. In typical Ubisoft fashion, it's not as straight forward or direct as even the EA Play titles.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/05/31/game-pass-june-2022-announce/

“Since the launch of Rainbow Six: Extraction and Rainbow Six: Siege with PC Game Pass earlier this year, we have made improvements to the Xbox app on PC to make it easier to search for and install Ubisoft games via Ubisoft Connect. That means you’ll be able to search, install, and jump right into For Honor: Marching Fire Edition and Assassin’s Creed Origins when they are added to the PC library.

For more information on accessing Ubisoft games with PC Game Pass or to get a head start on connecting your Game Pass account with Ubisoft Connect, visit Ubisoft’s Help page to learn more.”

Ubisoft Help Page @ https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/...ssing-ubisoft-games-on-pc-game-pass/000100613

Accessing Ubisoft games on PC Game Pass
To access Ubisoft games available on PC Game Pass through Ubisoft Connect, you will need to claim them.

To claim a game:
  • Open the Xbox app for Windows PC and go to the page of the game you want to claim.
  • Select Install. [ If Ubisoft Connect is not currently installed on your system, you will be prompted to download it. ]
  • In the Ubisoft Connect pop-up, log into the Ubisoft account you want to claim the game on.
  • If prompted, log into your Xbox account. [ If your Xbox account is currently linked to a different Ubisoft account than the one you want to play the game on, please unlink it before proceeding. ]
  • Confirm that the Xbox account and Ubisoft account displayed on the screen are correct.
  • If the wrong Xbox account is displayed, select Change account.
  • Tick the I understand this action can't be reversed box and select Confirm.
  • Your accounts will be linked, and the game will now be added to your account.

Once you have claimed a game, you will be able to play it at any time, as long as your Game Pass subscription remains active.

You can access the game through Ubisoft Connect, or the Xbox app for Windows PC.

To play a game through the Xbox app for Windows PC:
  • Open the app and go to the game's page.
  • Select Play.
  • If prompted, log into your Ubisoft account.
  • If the game is not currently installed, it will begin downloading through Ubisoft Connect.

Huh? I didn't realize ubi has come to game pass for months despite I've been checking "new games on gamepass" section almost routinely every week.

Nice that they updated the UX so it's easier to notice

Wow, they sure do it make it annoying if you want to play UBIsoft games on GP. Then again it's also annoying with EA Play games on GamePass, although at least there it's a bit more understandable since GamePass is just hooking into the complementary access to EA Play.

So, sounds like the same reason I don't play EA games on Game Pass (annoying to go through the EA launcher) will be the same reason I probably don't play UBIsoft games. Man I still have nightmares about trying to get BF1 to work before just giving up.

Regards,
SB

I'm definitely not offered a single month for $1, let alone 3 months. In the US here as well. I would be classified as a returning user since I'm not currently subscribed.
Me neither. I had Ultimate until early May. I do, however, see the $1 for 3 months offer for PC.

The offer’s good until July 1st, so I can wait, say, 31 days after my subscription expired to see if $1 Ultimate opens up for me.

Viking survival hit Valheim is coming to PC Game Pass in 2022​

2021's biggest survival game will soon be available for PC Game Pass subscribers later this year.
  • Microsoft has announced that Valheim is coming to PC Game Pass later in 2022.
  • Valheim was one of the biggest survival games in 2021, allowing players to build, craft, and fight their way to Valhalla in a Norse-themed afterlife.
  • It's currently unclear whether or not Game Pass players will be able to play with Steam players, but we expect that they will as many previous PC Game Pass games have supported crossplay.

Back