PC entering power saving mode for a second on boot up.

ultragpu

Banned
Hey folks, just need to ask you about this weird little thing. I recently upgraded to a GTX 760 and installed the driver came with the CD. Everything works fine but I noticed upon every boot up after the Windows 7 logo, the monitor shows a "enter power saving mode" for one second then come back up again to normal state, same as when I shut it down, this shows up for a second. Does anyone know what's going on there? My old HD 4870 has never had this issue before.
I have a 650watts PSU and Dell Monitor is not faulty.

the monitor enters powersaving mode, not the pc ?
Ive had that years ago was never a problem (could be the switchover from the vesa bios to windows control)
ps: try a factory reset of your dell monitor

Probably just the video driver taking over/releasing, like Davros said... Sounds pretty normal from what is described.

Anyway, you shouldn't use the driver on the install CD. They tend to be old and outdated, you could get graphics or even stability issues in newer games in particular.

Well I guess it's nothing to worry about then. But for some reason the latest nvidia driver doesnt recognize my Internet connection and always fails at first stage even though my net connection was working perfectly.

why would a graphics driver need to recognise your internet connection ?

I know it's' weird, this is what I get every time when I try to install 320.49 whql.
20t4fh4.jpg

Is there an option to check for updates in the installer (under "Options")? If so, disable that and anything internet related.

Yeah I got my driver from the official NV site. I don't think I have that malware though.
Also when I tried deleting The Geforce Experience folder it comes back afterwards for some reason. Oh the joy of..:(.

edit. Finally got the driver installation working after installing the .Net thingy first. So that's that, guess I'll leave as it is for now. Thanks for the replies guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back