[PC] Crysis 2 - Information Thread

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by eezing, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eezing

Newcomer

Will there be a third Crysis?

If you have any information pertaining to a third title in the Crysis series, please post here.

2. Dresden

Dresden Celebrating Mediocrity
    Veteran

I don't remember there being a second Crysis. The future of Crytek seems to be concerned with multiplatform games, which is rather unpleasant. I want nothing to do with a Crysis sequel if it caters to the console audience as well.

3. user542745831

Veteran

:grin:

Maybe he thinks of Crysis Warhead as a second Crysis.

However, as far as i know, that one never was titled or intended to be 'Crysis 2' in any way.

#3 user542745831, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2009
  4. suryad

Veteran

Thats being a bit too harsh isnt it? If the game runs and looks beautiful better than the consoles and is not a crap port, as an end gamer what do I care?

5. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

If that's the case then no you should not care. Assuming the gameplay isn't simplified to be more 'accessible' or geared towards gamepad users. But those are all big ifs.

Alas I hold hope for Crytek; at least I don't see them selling us out to the console crowd. After all Crysis didn't exactly sell poorly despite all the accusations of rampant piracy.

6. trinibwoy

trinibwoy Meh
    Legend Alpha

I predict a surge in Crysis sales in Q4. Because there won't be anything else around to show off the new hardware with.

7. Dresden

Dresden Celebrating Mediocrity
    Veteran

I'd rather future Crytek games be PC exclusives for obvious reasons, mainly for technology's sake. I don't think it's harsh at all to hold out hope for future PC titles. I'm a PC gamer. I'm built to be biased.

8. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

maybe although I expect it to be a whole other story. I do though expect another expansion for Crysis like Warhead.

Also I support Ink 180%. PC tech galore and state of the art graphics FTW!

It's like being in the future.

9. green.pixel

Veteran

:lol:

If they develop their next titles seperately for PC and consoles, like GRIN did with GRAW, I don't see it as a big deal. I'm with suryad on this. :)

10. suryad

Veteran

I love technology being pushed and all that believe me. I dont have my rig in the sig for no reason! :twisted: (note I have updated my sig). I would prefer that they use a PC as the platform for all their development but we all know that is not going to happen since they are all out to make money which makes absolute sense. We can all dream, but some time reality is just cruel!

11. NRP

NRP
    Veteran

LOL! You're part of the "console crowd", Mr. "camping with a mauler".

12. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Yeah CoD 4 and CoD 5 as well as Left for Dead were all pretty poopy for catering to the console audience...

/sarcasm off just in case people can't tell...

As long as the game is well made I have no idea why it would matter what platform it will be sold on.

Regards,
    SB

13. homerdog

:mrgreen:

But honestly Halo is the only FPS I play on consoles. Actually it's the only console game I play aside from that Undertow game I discovered on my HDD and Braid. Oh and the occasional round of Tiger Woods with my mates. That other stuff you see on my gamercard is my friends' doing.

Every now and then I try to ease my way into console gaming and always come back woefully disappointed. Too Human was the last such endeavor. :sad:

14. pjbliverpool

pjbliverpool B3D Scallywag
    Legend

Its more the technical limitations than gameplay issues for me. Those games played great IMO but they could have looked a lot better if they had been PC only.

15. suryad

Veteran

I am not convinced of that. Cod4 and Cod5 looks stunning!!! Also I would count this as a pro and not a con but you do not need super powerful hardware to run the games at max settings which would also explain why they sell quite well. So does the Last Remnant as a matter of fact (I am talking about the look and not the hardware requirements). Heck the cutscenes in that game look like shite compared to the in-game which does not cease to amaze me.

16. homerdog

Last Remnant doesn't even support AA!

17. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

Feels like I am late to party, no drinks for me. :cry:

18. suryad

Veteran

Yeah but I dont miss it tbh. At 2560 x 1600 with everything cranked, I am hardpressed to see the need for AA.

But that is my subjective opinion. You are right it does not support AA and thats a boo but in some situations I dont think it makes a huge deal in my own personal game awesomeness checklist. If I dont see jaggies, well then I dont care :)

19. AlNets

AlNets ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Moderator Legend

Unreal Engine 3 :!:

20. homerdog

I don't have a 2560x1600 monitor, nor do I have the GPU(s) to power one. :sad:

Yah but there have been UE3 games to support AA. Gears of War at least, though IIRC it required DX10.

#20 homerdog, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.