PC being taken over by aliens?

Altcon

Regular
I have installed WinXP Pro with Office Xp, Mcafee 7.1 virus scan, spybot and Tiny Personal firewall on a Celeron 1800 based on a budget Asus 845 mobo connected to the internet via a cable modem on a friends PC. All drivers are latest release and windows patches are updated.
My problem is that windows pop up randomly while using the PC: example the nvidia advanced control panel will pop up, the start menu will jump up and so will my computer and many other items. This all happens quite randomly and does not require that she be connected to the internet, anybody have a clue what brought this on? or more importantly how to stop it from happeneing?
I have disabled any remote assistance services and checked msconfig for what boots with the OS, also there are no fishy programs that I can identify in the add/remove programs list.......
I am pretty lost anyone have a clue? :cry:
Any help will be greatly apreciated

Have you spilled anything on your keyboard lately? It could be a "Pepsi Syndrome"...
No such luck........ :?
Keyboards is a woman friends (as is the rest of the PC, she keeps it cleaner than my apartment....
:oops:

Is it a wireless keyboard? They could pick up some interference somewhere (cell phones, other wireless devices, vibrators....)

So it DID work!!! U know, the other day i was trying to control my PC using only the power of my mind. Obviously my brain is too powerful, cause it didn't work on my PC, but it worked all the way wherever u r!!! Pretty neat huh!

Nope its not a wireless.........
So it DID work!!! U know, the other day i was trying to control my PC using only the power of my mind. Obviously my brain is too powerful, cause it didn't work on my PC, but it worked all the way wherever u r!!! Pretty neat huh!
Thats not very impressive if its your actual brain doing it, try to get more organized and do something usefull if you can manage actuall control. :LOL:

Back