[PC] Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Neb, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

[PC] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (post 1# for name tags)

This will provide your needed BF modern combat style fix for the coming years!

Screenshots aswell as info at Shacknews!

EDIT: Name tag addition!

Dresden - Dresden
    Neliz - Neliz
    Eastmen - Robinthe3rd
    Nebula - MasterYODA
    Padawn - MasterKenobi
    MrGaribaldi - MrGaribaldi
    Bludd - Bludd
    deeFive - deeFiveUK
    woundingchaney - Wounding
    aaronspink - DDurango
    bigtabs - sbatgib

B3D clan tag, -RYS- (Righteous Young Stallions)

#1 Neb, Feb 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2010
  2. Dresden

Dresden Celebrating Mediocrity
    Veteran

While I like the idea of BC soming to the PC, I'm really hoping this isn't Dice's answer to all our premonitions of a BF3. I'm still holding on to the hope of two unannounced games.

3. obonicus

Veteran

Bad Company is essentially DICE's modern-combat BF. Gold Rush, particularly, is one of the best things to happen to the BF franchise, giving it much-needed focus. The ATs are more powerful, too. The only thing I think I miss is the shock paddles.

4. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Whoo hooo ! I always wanted Bad company to come to PC !I had loved the gameplay :cool: !

5. obonicus

Veteran

[​IMG]

A shot of the new destruction engine. Hope it actually works out that way.

6. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Hopefully the destruction engine is much improved over the first version. Not that it sucked in Bad Company 1, but it wasn't overly impressive either based on the demo.

7. obonicus

Veteran

That's what that shot is showing -- it's not going to be Red Faction: Resistance destruction, but you'll actually level buildings.

8. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Right, well to be fair that shot is tiny and I can't really tell what going on there (other than the fact that the building was leveled of course).

9. RobertR1

RobertR1 Pro
    Legend

Hopefully the PC version isn't dumbed down like the console versions in terms of squads/commander and such.

10. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

BC 1 had pre-scripted destruction so it was not really dynamic unless you hit right spot. It stil lwas nice but also the fade out time of debris was imediate which IMO was a immersion killer.

11. Spaceman-Spiff

Regular

12. Cheezdoodles

Veteran

I can assure everyone here that the destruction will be utterly dissapointing - just like it is in BFBC1.

The reason is that the destruction is not physics based, but scripted. BFBC2 will also feature scripted destruction.

Meaning that once you destroyed one building, you have pretty much seen it all. The exact same thing happends every time, if you hit the south wall with a rocket launcher the destruction of the wall will be exactly the same even if you try to shoot at it from different angles, and hit different places (but on the same wall). Surely they will have more hitzones with different scripted destruction, but its still going to suck.

#12 Cheezdoodles, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2009
  13. Richard

Richard Mord's imaginary friend
    Veteran

Meh, just give me BF3 already, not more console ports.

14. RobertR1

RobertR1 Pro
    Legend

This. BF3 + CS2 would get me to dump the silly toys (consoles) in a heartbeat.

15. obonicus

Veteran

They've said that the PC version will be different from the console versions.

16. NRP

NRP
    Veteran

BF3/BF3142/(whatever they call it) won't make me abandon console gaming, but it will definitely make me build a new PC just to play it. I'm so disgusted with the console versions of BF.

Bad Company can kiss my ass. That game sucked. Hard. It strayed way too far from what made BF2 so special. I also really think the single player campaign is an absolute waste of resources. BF = multiplayer. Period. I guess it's there due to the conventional "wisdom" that every console game must have a SP campaign. Ridiculous. Leave it out, focus on multiplayer, and price it accordingly. If they do this (and do it correctly), I really think DICE can hit one out of the park.

#16 NRP, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009
  17. hoom

Veteran

I have very low expectations of any Battlefield games these days.

They peaked with Battlefield 1942 & have been entirely down-hill since except in graphics.

Heck, have they even managed to fix the player name colour bug in BF2 yet?
    If it was an intentional feature to simulate situational awareness issues causing friendly fire & they stated that, I wouldn't mind.
    They tried to fix it at least 3 times but it was still broken last time I played.

18. obonicus

Veteran

On PC? Maybe. But I highly doubt anyone will see a full-fledged, exclusive BF game for PC. Not with BF:Heroes there, and not with their having built an extremely capable multiplatform engine. And especially not with BF:BC having actually found success on console.

And if they build for console, you can bet they'll include a single-player.

19. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Its actually thesame as the first one if you look closely. The 1st and the 2nd shot, look at the broken wall edge on the top floor, its the same "broken version" of a wall as in BF:BC. I think the method of destruction is still the same, ie. multiple broken models, just that now we have another model where the building is completely gone. Could turn out strange, as after 20 mins of a game if the whole field is leveld, then its just shoot each other while running hard :???: !

20. obonicus

Veteran

Yeah, I was wondering about that, too. Will all buildings be destructible? What about the gold crates, will you be able to collapse a building they're sitting in?