Parasite Eve 3

YES! YES! :D omg I nearly jumped out of my chair when I saw the thread title.

No wait, 'for ntt docomo foma' That's a freaking cell phone isn't it??? :(

Oh lol I'm in the handheld section. damn. I saw the thread title from the index page and clicked on it as fast as I could.

FOMA phones have had competitive graphics capabilities and lower power consumption than the PSP since around the time the PSP launched, although their games' graphics are typically limited by the API and network content size restrictions.

N-Gage has established a platform for premium cellphone games in Europe and the US, and Square Enix will supposedly be supporting it. Also, Nokia phones share the same processors as many FOMAs, so new N-Gage compatible phones could likely be a target for Parasite Eve 3 if Square Enix decides to expand its release worldwide.

we need a thumb sideways icon XD

wow... this is definitely my favorite Square IP, but I dunno if i'll be buying a phone to play it. =_=;

Are you referring to the 900i series and up? I don't really think I've seen any games other than, like, Kanon and Air and similar ones on those devices so far. Do you have a sampling of anything that actually uses horsepower? I kinda thought they were just going in the Chokkan direction, and looking for simpler games with more inventive features and intuitive play. It didn't even seem to have hardware that would challenge the N-Gage, let alone anything else.

I guess the Parasite Eve playstyle can fit in with cell phones, at least. But I'd sure appreciate a full-fledged version hitting other systems as well. (Or instead. :p )

PowerVR has been in FOMAs since the 901i series: MBX currently, SGX soon enough.

Futuremark has produced some benchmarks and demos that show what the OMAP2420 SoC used in some FOMAs can do. 3DMarkMobile ES 1.1's Proxycon -- http://www.futuremark.com/download/files/video/3DMarkMobile06_Proxycon_640x480_ed.wmv -- can run at 30 frames per second on it, and a custom demo they wrote for Nokia's E3 2005 presentation is shown within a GTtv segment: http://youtube.com/watch?v=9z7Z6teYm3I

The hardware potential is there even if the games don't get anywhere close because of Java based APIs and heavy data size restrictions on the network.

A mobile :/ I suppose that’s better then nothing, now here’s hoping this parasite eve while have descent sound effects

Back