Paramount releases first PSP movie website

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by mckmas8808, Oct 14, 2005.

1. mckmas8808

Legend

This is very very interesting.
    Didn't know that the PSP has taken off faster than the ipod did when it first started out. :shock:
    Download it now. Its pretty cool. The concept is great. I wish Sony can capitalize on this downloading movies from the internet idea. Download it and let me know what you think.

2. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Specious Misanthrope
    Legend

Not that surprising considering the differences in price points (first ipod was $500?) for the products to which they are comparing psp.

3. mckmas8808

Legend

Oh didn't know that. I read somewhere that the ipod so far has sold like over 25 million. Is that per year or lifetime?

4. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Specious Misanthrope
    Legend

Lifetime most likely, sales were fairly slow at the start. I think they sold a couple million the first year, but they sold almost 5 million in the first quarter of this year (listed as a >500% increase). I don't know how well the cheaper units have been selling since their introduction.

5. London-boy

London-boy Shifty's daddy
    Legend Subscriber

Does anyone know if the new firmware adds support for WPA-PSK network protection for the PSP?

My network has a WPA-PSK code and i'd hate to have to change that to WEP just so i can connect a PSP.

6. rabidrabbit

rabidrabbit A Reformed Member
    Legend Veteran

Support for WPA-PSK (TKIP) was already added in 2.0
    2.5 adds to that with a WPA-PSK (AES)

So basically, whatever security you have in your home wireless, you should be able connect to it with PSP without modifying the settings.

I used to connect to my WiFi with WPA-PSK (TKIP), but lowered it to WEP because I Wipeout Pure game doesn't support WPA.

#6 rabidrabbit, Oct 14, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2005
  7. London-boy

London-boy Shifty's daddy
    Legend Subscriber

Oh right COOL. Another reason to buy one. When bloody games that interest me come out for it!

8. mckmas8808

Legend

You aight got long to wait. You'll be dying for one by the end of the year. New releases are looking great. this holiday season.