Panasonic TC-32LX50 Impressions?

SugarCoat

Veteran
I'm an avid gamer, and at the dawn of the new consoles, it seems less likely that i'll be investing any serious amount of money into my computer in the next year, so i'm looking at a new display. I'm curious if anyone here has any impressions of this TV, anything is really helpful, since it will be serving double duty for movies as well as games. From all reviews i have read, its very nice quality for every day TV and movies, so i guess i'm looking more specifically for anyone who has gamed on it or an LCD TV of simuliar specs which are as follows:

Display Capability 480p/720p/1080i
Aspect Ratio 16:9 (Widescreen)
Aspect Control Normal, Zoom, Full, and Just
Resolution (Number of Pixels) 1,049,088 (1366x768) pixels
Contrast Ratio Up to 800:1
Brightness (Panel, cd/m2) 500
Horizontal Viewing Angle 170°
Moving Picture Response Speed 14ms

and before anyone brings it up, i have read multiple reviews actually citing that the TV's blacks are "too black" if anything and in need of calibration before using it to watch a dark movie.

Thanks for any tips, advice, knowledge or impressions, especially gaming related.

The Response time almost seems a bit too high to avoid ghosting. But I would search on the AVS forums for that model and see if anyone has tried it..I have found many threads where people have reported their findings using consoles and ghosting on the flat pannels (just dont remember if they tried this model)...but maybe you already did that... :)

It is important to note that Panasonic isn't so bold with the response time claims as many companies, but whether or not you will notice the ghosting comes down to how sensitive you are to the issue and where some people will be distracted by the ghosting of a particlar display, others won't even notice it. That is just something you have to see for your self to be sure of.

As for the display in question, I'm not much of an LCD fan mostly due to the ghosting and the low optimal viewing angles, but the specs look respectable and I've seen it or at least a very similar model in the stores and it looked good as far as LCDs go.

Back