P2P or other?

D3v0ur3r

Regular
Does anyone know of a good program (P2P, IM, or other aside from mIRC) that does not limit upload rates for file transfers? I was using ICQ which would allow about half of my total upload, then they had a recent update which seems to have totally killed that & anything of any size totally locks up ICQ. MSN sux, & pretty much all the rest of the IM's. Haven't used a lot of the torrent programs so I have no idea if they allow just to send to 1 person of your choosing that you know or you have to basically share with the planet.

FTP server would be more hassle then it would be worth I think in this case. & I am not aware of any free FTP server programs unless the client "SmartFTP" allows this.

Does anyone know of a good program (P2P, IM, or other aside from mIRC) that does not limit upload rates for file transfers? I was using ICQ which would allow about half of my total upload, then they had a recent update which seems to have totally killed that & anything of any size totally locks up ICQ. MSN sux, & pretty much all the rest of the IM's. Haven't used a lot of the torrent programs so I have no idea if they allow just to send to 1 person of your choosing that you know or you have to basically share with the planet.

FTP server would be more hassle then it would be worth I think in this case. & I am not aware of any free FTP server programs unless the client "SmartFTP" allows this.
You could try Rapidshare, Savefile, or any other free file hosting service.

A lot of ISPs limit the rate of filesharing so it may be that rather than the specific program.

Back