P.A.M.E.L.A.

The animation ... Won't somebody please think of the animation!

This is out in Early Access now. I bought it. It is extremely rough at the moment though. Load time into the gameplay takes minutes for some reason and the game has momentary freezes. Glitches in the graphics. Lots of specular aliasing that even the TAA doesn't fix. Their in game text logs are difficult to read. Not sure of the future of this but if you've been waiting for it now you can try it.

The entire beginning area is nearly pitch black and it is quite annoying. Can barely see with the flashlight. Don't know what you're doing or supposed to be doing. :) heh

There's basically no storytelling other than some text and audio logs. Not sure if they plan to change this. It seems like a sci-fi survival self-driven exploration thing.

Last edited:
If it's using the unreal engine, that explains the insanely long load times. That engine has horrible loading mechanisms and even worse IO performance. The unity engine has terrible IO loading too. It's typically the fist thing any development team does is to rewrite the IO sections of those 2 engines.

If it's using the unreal engine, that explains the insanely long load times. That engine has horrible loading mechanisms and even worse IO performance. The unity engine has terrible IO loading too. It's typically the fist thing any development team does is to rewrite the IO sections of those 2 engines.
It's Unity. I suppose it is one of the most ambitious Unity games I've seen. They really should have worked on it for another month before going live.

Patch logs
http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=427880

Back