Overscan on monitor

Koga316

Newcomer
Ok, I haven't bought it yet...but there's a 21.6" Samsung I'm thinking of getting for my PS3. But on some games, it overscans at 720p. To fix this, you'd set it to 1080i or 1080p. But what if a game overscans at 720p, doesn't support 1080i, and looks jagged at 1080p? Big question there. Is there a way ti fix overscan issues on monitors? The LG which is also 21.6" is my othe choice..but has ghosting issues at 1080p. Besides that, NO issues at 720p and has a better and brighter display. Its kind of hard to choose. But if there is a way ti fix overscans on the Samsung, I'll get that instead of the LG. So, is overscans fixable?

Yea, its a LCD. Both the LG and Samsung 21.6" are $300 at Best Buy. But also tried the 22" version of them both and had the same issues.

Perhaps by accessing the hidden service menu you might be able to fix it. Or at least reduce the problem.

But I don'tt know ho wto access it. Maybe there's a thread on the avforums where they list the button presses needed to gain access.
Peace.

Back