Outriders [PS4, 4PRO, XO, XOX, PC, XBSX, PS5, XGP]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by pharma, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Silent_Buddha

Legend

From what I've seen of the game so far, this is an extremely good AA looter shooter. I'm now checking out end game gameplay to see if I'll buy it full price now or wait until it goes on sale as I usually do with games. Had absolutely 0 interest in the game until I saw some streamers playing it on Twitch and the gameplay looks fantastic.

However, that said, due to the unexpectedly high demand for the game at launch, there have been some server issues with the game (solo play requires an internet connection with server authentication). It's gotten a lot better, but might be worth waiting a few weeks for them to iron things out.

It's buggy, but pretty a solid effort for a AA developer.

Regards,
    SB

mr magoo, PSman1700 and BRiT like this.
  2. BRiT

BRiT (>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
    Moderator Legend Alpha

Its a fun game for sure. The dialog and story are about the level to be expected from any such game, but the mechanics are fun. I'm extremely early on. I'm having to unlearn game mappings from other games, namely finding myself using the Gears cover system when it is not setup that way.

This is absolutely a game to check out if you're a GamePass subscriber.

Silent_Buddha, mr magoo and AntShaw like this.
  3. PSman1700

Veteran Newcomer

If you have gamepass it works on android devices too for streaming.

4. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk
    Legend Regular Subscriber

dialog is .. LOL

I caught myself shaking my heads a couple of times. I wasn't sure if they were trying to be like Sunset Overdrive where they knew exactly the type of cheese they were going for, or if someone thought yea, this is passable for our audiences "hey at least we're better than Destiny 1"; which arguably the dialog is.

5. techuse

Regular Newcomer

Saw the Gamersyde video and the voice acting legit made me laugh. It sounds like a random person just reading along as he plays. It’s hilariously bad. Almost at the level of something like The Room.

6. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

The pc gamepass xcloud client also should work

The beta code is xgpubeta according to arstechnica.com.

PSman1700 likes this.
  7. dobwal

Legend Veteran

I liked the game right up until I was introduced to the end game. I’m not a fan of loot rewards being based on speed.

I was a fan of the Division’s end game because u could use smarts in place of power to get through the content. You could simply trade more time for access to the best loot.

This game’s rewards system is strictly time-based. Already one class (Devastators) is being regularly kicked from random groups because of their lower DPS but tanky nature doesn’t jibe well with an end game more concentrated on quickly tearing through the content as fast as possible to gain the best chance at high-end loot.

#27 dobwal, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  8. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk
    Legend Regular Subscriber

yea that was a serious flaw in game design that needs to be rectified. First they should buff the devastator so that players stop getting kicked.

Then they need to go back to the draw board to make the game a little more than a diablo loot run.

mr magoo and BRiT like this.
  9. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

The is an issue I have with a ton of games.

I often love the new game/world learning experience, then becoming confident through gearing and powering-up while actively using and those mechanics then the game will toss a curveball to the gameplay and I'll hate it and just quit and never buy any sequels.

dobwal likes this.