Option to automatically ignore new users

idsn6

Regular
With the launch of a new generation of consoles, B3D is getting a large influx of new members. There is a serious signal-to-noise deficit among them, so if it is possible within vBulletin I would like to request an option to have newly registered users added to my ignore list by default. If they have something worthwhile to say I will see their posts quoted by more vetted users and can remove them from the ignore list manually, or perhaps they can be removed automatically if their account survives beyond the Registered or Junior Member levels. This setting would save me a good chunk of time.

Unfortunately there is no built-in option for VBulliten. I haven't even seen any sort of plugins that do this either.

No worries. It's cyclical and most will move along to gaf within a few months.

The mods do a good job, but I think there is not a good enough deterrent for new users to stop posting useless threads and such. I propose some sort of spanking clause be put in the registration literature. The punishment for starting many useless threads is Al flies to your location and personally gives you a spanking to your bare bottom while wearing leather gloves. 10 slaps per cheek should be sufficient, more or less depending on circumstances.

Pictures of previous offenders' raw red asses should be placed on the registration page so they know we're serious.

Back