OpenCL: What after 1.1?

Discussion in 'GPGPU Technology & Programming' started by codedivine, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Jawed

Legend

Normally an SDK release has a preferred Catalyst version that should be installed at the same time. The compiler inside the Catalyst driver is for the GPUs, while the SDK doesn't provide that support.

For end-users my understanding is that Catalyst drivers with OpenCL bundled are the correct way to upgrade OpenCL capability.

I've got no idea if there's a Catalyst release with bundled OpenCL 1.2 capability.

Is 1.2 still in "preview" status?

2. Dade

Newcomer

Yes, it is what they have written in AMD OpenCL forum. However, it looks like there has been some problem in the release of SDK 2.6 and it seems on hold (i.e. they have no yet update the web links, no official release notes, etc.). They have written about some unexpected problem.

3. Arnold Beckenbauer

Veteran

It's so because there were two packages: the APP SDK 2.6 and the OpenCL 1.2 preview. The Opencl 1.2 Preview has been never linked correctly (2.5 instead of preview).

4. Arnold Beckenbauer

Veteran

5. Chabi

Newcomer

Thanks for the info !

6. Dade

Newcomer