OpenCL on Nexus 10 & Android HOWTO

Discussion in 'GPGPU Technology & Programming' started by bearon, Feb 13, 2013.

1. bearon

Newcomer

There is a file called libGLES_mali.so in /system/vendor/lib/egl/, which contains entry points for the CL functions. If it doesn't, grab the latest binaries/image from Google for your Nexus 10 (the current JOP40C factory image with SHA1 checksum 0d641789a722cd25eb884cca253900976d131241 will do).

Pull the library from the device, and link it to your native application via ndk-build. While the application can be built like this, it won't run on the device, yet, as the CL calls are not available through the standard library. Add the following line to the Java code before loading your native library, and you’re ready to go:
    System.load("/system/vendor/lib/egl/libGLES_mali.so");

The method works with the latest Android 4.2.2 update, build JDQ39, too.

2. Dade

Newcomer

3. bearon

Newcomer

Yes it is. The tricky part is getting it working without having to root your device.

4. chrism

Newcomer

Having trouble getting this to work

Hi I'm having trouble getting this to work I'v got the .so lib from the device and I have the System.load("/system/vendor/lib/egl/libGLES_mali.so"); in the java class but I'm not sure how to link it so the .c file. I have tried adding it to a egl folder in the lib folder and linking it via the paths and symbols setting in eclipse but with no luck. any help would be appreciated.

5. bearon

Newcomer

6. kishonti

Newcomer

7. codedivine

Regular

Wondering if anyone knows if the Android 4.3 image for the Nexus 10 still contains the OpenCL support. Hoping Google didn't ask it to be removed.

8. BlueByLiquid

Newcomer

Google has specifically disabled OpenCL support on this device with the 4.3 update despite the fact that the driver is still there and used for Renderscript support. They have went out of their way to remove it because no one wants to use renderscript compute.