OpenCL on Intel HD graphics together with discrete GPU?

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by Grall, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

Supposedly, this is possible with recent Intel drivers, but I don't know how to enable it... Would be fun to try out.

I've got a Haswell K-series system running windows8, btw.

2. moozoo

Newcomer

3. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

Newest drivers are supposed to allow OpenCL without requiring monitor to be connected, desktops to be extended and so on. ...Somehow.

4. Dade

Newcomer

It should work if you install latest Intel drivers. Try to run LuxMark, it will show you a CPU device, the Intel GPU device and any number of discrete GPU devices you have.

5. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

I have latest driver installed, multi-monitor activated in UEFI, and iGPU is visible in device manager even when running with discrete graphics, except it only shows up as OpenCL device if I plug a monitor cable into the mobo and boot the system with iGPU as default... :(

Well, it might also work if I run off of discrete graphics too and just plug monitor cable into the mobo, I dunno. I haven't tested that, actually...

I've tried this Luxmark thing, and also CLBenchmark, both give same result.

Edit: yeah, plugging in a monitor cable makes iGPU show up as OpenCL device immediately. No cable though = no business.