OnRush

JPT

Veteran
Supporter
Wow, this summer, 5th of June, looking forward to it....

I did like the Motorsport festival thing Motorstorm, that was fun.

I am missing the team feeling in multiplayer, it just feels like me and bunch of other players playing Team DM with no coordination. I did not try to connect a headset nor play with friends, but it feels to hectic to actually be able to coordinate anything. And doing well does not really give you a sense of achievement, maybe the lot crates will do that.

This is from giving the closed a beta spin, but I still think I will get this game, it has potential.

But other than that its decent fun, maybe I am just burned out on gaming for the moment.

Last edited:
Did not pay attention to how long the Closed Beta was supposed to run, so got really bummed when I could not logon to the servers last night.

So thumbs up for me, its a fun game that I have pre-ordered now. if you can I highly recommend that you try to get into the open beta and give it a spin, especially if you liked motorstorm.
The multiplayer thingy was fun, the single player had only one "race" so only did that when multiplayer was down for some reason.

It looks drastically downgraded from Driveclub graphcially that's for sure, the tracks don't look as inspiring as those from Motorstorm either, kind of a let down really :(.

It looks drastically downgraded from Driveclub graphcially that's for sure, the tracks don't look as inspiring as those from Motorstorm either, kind of a let down really :(.

I know this is Beyond3D, but did you like the gameplay? :D

I like it, its not a racer in the type from place A to B or rounds around a circuit.

Its like a roller derby type of race (I do not know the rules for roller derby, so that is a guess) , you should be in the pack and mess up for the other team while scoring points/advantages for your team.

For those of you into the photo mode craze
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/onrush™-photo-mode-thread.378206/

Last edited:
I know this is Beyond3D, but did you like the gameplay? :D

I like it, its not a racer in the type from place A to B or rounds around a circuit.

Its like a roller derby type of race (I do not know the rules for roller derby, so that is a guess) , you should be in the pack and mess up for the other team while scoring points/advantages for your team.

For those of you into the photo mode craze
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/onrush™-photo-mode-thread.378206/
I'm more of a traditional A to B, circuit or open world racer so this is not exactly up in my alley admittedly. I would much prefer a Motorstorm style racer with current gen tech and pushing visuals all the way to the brink like they did with the PS3 :).

When I tried to get the open beta yesterday, it said it's restricted to preorders. Is that the case or am I just being a div and looking in the wrong place?

On PS btw

Evolution Studios Reborn: The Making of Onrush! Building a Multi-Platform Engine From The Ground Up!

very good video from DF and of course good job EVO ... one thing though, they should consider making visuals with more contrast, imo it looks washed out sometimes

and I want Dirt Rally 2 ... while I'm not target audience for Onrush I'm looking forward to how EVO can improve other Codemasters games

Alright, well well well. Evolution studio. My Motorstorm heroes. Sony kicked you out, as they are stupid...now you are at Codemasters doing a new racing game...without racing. Technology looks incredible as always, however the game design is more than questionable and basically makes no sense at first and at second sight. It unfortunately combines all the modes in an arcade racer that I do not really like (time trial, demolition derby, etc etc) and kicks out the actual racing that made e.g. Motorstorm the best racing game. It is in my opinion absolutely clear from the first trailer I saw, that this game will bomb hard and brutal.

Needless to say, that I bought the game day 1. Needless to say that the game is just not good and it is not really clicking with me after playing for about 2h. Maybe I give it another chance.

However, I do not really care, as I see this as an investment in the future of the former Evolution studio devs. I hope that they deliver with their next game big time. Last chance though...I won't buy another racing game without racing.

Edit: Back to Monsterhunter World, the best game in existence ever. Poogie.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...per-evolution-driveclub-director-rushy-let-go

The developer of Driveclub has been hit by layoffs after its latest game, OnRush, failed to set tills ringing.

Driveclub and OnRush director Paul "Rushy" Rustchynsky - the face of both games and of the studio itself - is among those let go, multiple sources close to the studio have confirmed to Eurogamer, alongside other senior members of the team.

People I've spoken to who wished to remain anonymous for the sake of their career described the studio as having been "decapitated" by these redundancies, with senior staff and lead creatives fired or required to re-interview for positions, although some junior staff are also affected.

OnRush launched for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on 5th June and quickly sank from the UK physical games chart without a trace. It charted in 34th place during its launch week, then never reappeared.

According to a source, OnRush sold just over 1000 physical copies during its launch week in the UK. The fact it never appeared in the chart after that week did not bode well.

Back