Online buying frustrations and when you are in a jam, no-one is accountable.

demonic

Regular
I guess im posting this to really just vent out some frustrations really.

I dont use online purchasing much, as in ebay. As its not often a good place for deals and to be honest, I'd much rather pay extra at a store and then bitch to them if something goes wrong. At least theres a number to call if things go wrong.

Well, after all this. Its what im going to stick to from now on. Even after buying from a reputable ebay store. I wont be touching ebay and paypal after this very bad experience. At the end of the day, Im the buyer. I paid with buy it now, sent the money immediately and all the seller had to do was ship my goods in a timely manner. Now 15 days later and only just filed a dispute with paypal. Im having to wait until the 6th of December to get a refund.

I say wait until the 6th of December, as the seller has no obvious interest in telling me the tracking information of the goods that they shipped. Until I resorted to filling a dispute with paypal, the seller came through with the information. Previous direct emails asking the whereabouts of my item, just were resolved with standard emails on product delivery time. As if I was the stupid one and needed to wait just that little bit longer. But when Inter-UK delivery is next day even on the most basic of postings, sometimes 2. Never 3! On day 5+ on seeing the same emails over and over being sent to you from the buyer. It slowly sinks in, that they have taken your money and run.

Now having dealt with paypal. Their process is a joke. At the minimum all I could do was open up the dispute and then ask paypal to take over. There are no more additional buttons to press for me to include any more information. Its just stuck at paypal investigating. Upon sending them a few emails via their webpage communication screen, which only allows a certain amount of letters. There is no sign of me being able to forward any communication I get from the seller or that I send to the seller. Infact, all I have been told is to wait the 10 days for them to carry out investigations. When the resolution will be to get a refund.

I now have asked paypal to request hard evidence that the products were shipped on the 9th. As I could do my own investigations with our national postal company. But I doubt this will come through. I have told paypal, that if no delivery information comes through. Then I should have an immediate refund.

To be honest though, paypal have said that delivery was on the 9th and that I should really see if it comes to me by post. But sigh, it just shows what kind of idiots work at the paypal uk branch. As everyone in the UK knows, it doesnt take 15 days or longer for something to arrive in the post.

Its pretty much going to come to the conclusion that I will be forced to wait until the 6th of December for my refund. I have already filed a negative comment at ebay for the seller. No doubt they will file a negative comment at me. Even though, I paid through paypal and payment was immediate. No matter though, as after this I will be cancelling both ebay and paypal accounts.

One thing for sure, I will be complaining to the european union about paypal and their buyer complaint process. Their telephone contact system is devoid of any human voice. It is a premium rate number and keeps you on the phone for at least 2 minutes prior to any press any key option, of which it seems there are 3 other options until they ask you to press # to go back. I did my best to check alot of their options and didnt one one that said. "press 3 to talk to someone". Perphaps there isnt anyone at paypal uk and its just a webpage.

What has this all taught me? Next time, just spend a little extra with either an online reputable online store and definately pay for next day courier. Having to spend nearly 1 month in waiting for nothing to arrive, hasnt been a good experience.

Who is for the customer who pays ontime and then has problems?

Maybe its wishful thinking, but the quicker google comes up with an online market place, maybe they can make one that holds companies/people to account.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone in the US browses this.

Can you pm me the residential address of this email address, if you can find it.

fastmemoryman@sbcglobal.net

Thanks

edit :

Im not sure if this is it.....

OrgName: Road Runner HoldCo LLC
OrgID: RRHL-1
Address: 13241 Woodland Park Road
City: Herndon
StateProv: VA
PostalCode: 20171

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks so much for that, i will review the thread and see if I can get the contact details for their office in the UK.

If I can get that information, then I will pay their office a visit and give them hell. :devilish:

This is why I only deal with professional stores such as NewEgg, eWiz, MWave or individuals I've known on forums for some time and avoid places like Ebay like the plague.

Well, funny enough. I got my shipment this morning. 16 days after ordering it.

I also recieved an email saying that the reason I didnt get my shipment was that it was delivered and no-one was there to recieve it.

Which is actual crap, as the postman would put a note through my letter box and tell me that its being held in the local shipping office.

Also, I was there waiting for it all this time and no-one has attempted to deliver it.

So really this guy is a joke. But Im glad I have got my 2gb of memory. I wont be ordering from him or ebay again.

I really avoid eBay. There's not even good deals on it, which is the real joke. Take for instance, I have a friend who finished up a few classes recently and didn't want to get ripped off buy his school's book buy back program (you only get 1/2 of the price, and its credit at that!) so he decided to eBay it. Funny enough he made a $20 profit off of the book, he even bought it brand new!

Anyway, I'm glad you at least got your package finally. It sounds like the seller simply did not get it out in a decent manner and then proceeded to make life shitty for you with bullshit excuses. Happens, when I buy online myself I stick to forums (and then I use systems of reputation like Heatware, etc) and stores such as Newegg.

If it was international shipping you should of expected a long wait. Unless you pay quite a bit of money it can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks to get goods shipped internationally by one of the lower fee options. You can tell when he shipped it by the postage date...

And it is possible the package was defaulted to your local post office for delivery if another company tried to deliver it that doesnt normally deliver to that area.

You really have to have patience with people when you're using something like Ebay, especially when they have good feedback, give them the benefit of the doubt.

If it was international shipping you should of expected a long wait. Unless you pay quite a bit of money it can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks to get goods shipped internationally by one of the lower fee options. You can tell when he shipped it by the postage date...

It was UK shipping. Its shipped from the north of england and I am in London. It should really be next day or a maximum of 2 days. If its any longer then it just hasnt been sent. Its that simple.

And it is possible the package was defaulted to your local post office for delivery if another company tried to deliver it that doesnt normally deliver to that area.

Well, the postage that the seller used. There is only one company that delivers the item. The item is able to fit through my letterbox in the door. If it was sent, when I ordered it. I would have recieved it fine. The funny thing is, I used this guy once before. Had no problems. I dont know why this time, he has so many problems. Blamed me of course.

You really have to have patience with people when you're using something like Ebay, especially when they have good feedback, give them the benefit of the doubt.

Not when items take over 15 days to arrive. When I looked at this packaging. Delivery was on the 24th. It was by special delivery, which has a tracking number and requires a signature. It took 2 days to arrive and funny enough I recieved it. If he had sent it like this in the first place, I would have got it.

Dumb question, does the memory work?

Yeah, thankfully the memory works fine.

Back