Online Account Name list (Origin, Steam, etc.)

deeFive

Newcomer
Online "Buddy" tag list (Origin, Steam, etc.)

Let's use this thread to exchange our online digital store names publicly so people can friend one another. Please state which service the account name belongs to (Steam, Origin, GOG, ect...).

Please your tag post in this thread to be added to the list!

Services:

Steam - join the user group it makes life easy!:

Steam usergroup: "Beyond3D"

User list:

dee five

JimNorton

RenegadeRocks

willardjuice

lightmanek

DeF!

almighty15

woundingchaney

Origin

User list:

DevourTheFeeble

deeFive

woundingchaney

Renegade_EA

Autolog (Need for speed)

deeFive

Battle.net

coming soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Its cool I may change the thread title, its seems that the DD wars are starting to pick up pace :)

Also how do i change the thread title?

yeah a sticky would be good it would also help us keep track of dd/online services on pc!

added you now dresden!

and my origin id is "deeFive"

I think the ideal option would be to have check boxes in your profile to enable seeing other peoples tags if you want, and to show others yours if you want. Once you get beyond a few pages of names in threads like these it can be hard to manage, especially if people are signing up to new services or changing their nicks.

Selecting to show your tags would be a statement of intent to share them and have others add you, and only those that wanted to see them would.

Yeah vBulletin should have the ability to add custom profile fields from within the admin panel. I know SMF has that and that's free.

I really despise the idea of DD client wars, especially given the instigator in all this is possibly the most hated publisher around.

I think EA have redeemed themselves a bit this last couple of years. It seems to me that it's Activision who hold that title nowadays. I don't like the idea of multiple direct download services either. I'm not sure if a Valve monopoly is good either though. It's a difficult problem.

This forum used to have a feature that showed your Steam nick next to your online/offline indicator. Haven't seen it working in ages.

After murdering Origin, the best dev of the late 80s and early 90s, it'll be a cold day in hell before I give EA any direct money via their new service named after the company they turned into a abattoir.

Its hard to say if EA is really at fault with the death of Origin. Origin managed to mismanage itself with with an inch of death where the only option was to sell out to EA or go bankrupt. Then once part of the new EA empire they continued to mismanage projects going way over budget, taking way too long, and underperforming at retail. IF Ultima 9 hadn't been such a failure Origin may still have been around now.

Its hard to say if EA is really at fault with the death of Origin. Origin managed to mismanage itself with with an inch of death where the only option was to sell out to EA or go bankrupt. Then once part of the new EA empire they continued to mismanage projects going way over budget, taking way too long, and underperforming at retail. IF Ultima 9 hadn't been such a failure Origin may still have been around now.

How many people were still at Origin at this point ?
Firms aren't just labels, they are people first and foremost, once many/the best people have left, you're ending up with an empty shell...
Usually when a firm is purchased, the best are the first to go, because they can easily find another job...

After murdering Origin, the best dev of the late 80s and early 90s, it'll be a cold day in hell before I give EA any direct money via their new service named after the company they turned into a abattoir.

Agreed, I'm not buying a single EA game off of Origin. If it's not in Steam, it's not getting purchased (or played) period. And it's only Steam for me as all my online purchases except a very few have been on it. If my library of games was on another online purchase service well I'd go with that one.

Regards,
SB

Yeah it's silly to have a sticky for Origin but not Steam. Unless perhaps Richard is recently employed by EA... :LOL:

well.....

Valve started the DD war with the counter strike offer, then the hl2 stuff (thats going back a few years, lol) and having 2 threads may be good it as keeps the console and superior game theme that we already have ;p

Yeah we need another polarizing mechanism for gamers, isn't AMD vs Nvidia, PC vs consoles, Xbox vs PS3 enough?

Back