Onimusha Buraiden

maskrider

Henshin !
Veteran
Basically, it is not a 3D fighter, it uses the 3D models from Onimusha 1 and 2 and create a fighting game with elements of the series.

There are 3-4 predetermined 2D lines that you can stay at to fight with your opponent or avoid from your opponent for a moment. You use up/down to jump to the other lines.

There is a story mode that combines the (2D) fighting modes with some usual Onimusha locales with stories (depends on whether you are a monster or a human).

The degree of freedom is even lower than Onimusha and Onimusha 2 in the fighting mode.

Zero and Mega Man EXE are playable characters.

How does that work out with onimusha story elements and how does multiplanar fighting make it not a fighting game?

Mortal combat has a "story mode" too last i checked.

Legion said:
so it isn't 3d because your persceptive is from the characters' sides?

Because the degree of freedom is too limited. To me, it is not a 3D fighter, at most a 2D fighter with 3D animation. That's my definition of non-3D fighters.

It is a weapon fighter like Soul Calibur II but limited to 3-4 tracks for movements.

Just like my opinion on Onimusha and Onimusha 2, they are at most 2.2D action games than full 3D action games.

For Onimusha Buraiden, the story mode is an Onimusha with many short stages.

The vs mode is just like a bonus.

ob-01.jpg

ob-02.jpg

ob-06.jpg

I know the nature of movement from it, and offhand I think it's pretty cool anyway. But hey, I was always a big fan of Guardian Heroes. ;) How good does it play as a FIGHTER, however? Or do you need a few friends over to try getting up to 4 players and see?

I am a 99.99% single player man. Ha ha !

I am not saying the game is no fun. Just that it is not like a fighter as it seems (to me).

ob-13.jpg

Obviously the single-player won't much seem like it (it's not like Tekken's "Force Mode" feels like a fighting game to me either. I'm much more concerned with the fun and skill and balance on Buraiden's versus/multi-melee mode, however.

Back