One dev's opinion of x360 vs ps3 graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbot

Regular
The 360 quite easily based on what exists today. While RFOM has alot going on, it feels quite sterile and empty world-wise, particularly indoors and especially compared to indoors from a game like COD3. It is missing that something that makes the game world more immersive that other FPS just have. Also, the textures are serviceable but the environments lack shader and HDR effects that are just common place on the 360 games. It just feels more stagnant, for lack of a better way to describe it.

Granted, in multiplayer, the graphics would be just fine since even 360 games shut off the higher end details for online smoothness. The video quality is quite solid though, and the games sport a nice level of AA. But in the end, the 360 has been doing more technically since the start. I'll reserve judgement until the second tier games come along such as Lair and Heavenly Sword.

Mind you, the difference isn't all that much though when considering the difference between the PS3 and 360 to the Wii, or what we saw last gen, but it is clearly there regardless if one looks.

Edit: My wife told me to add that she HIGHLY disapproves of my PS3 purchase and made me watch her crap television programming selections for an evening with her as penance.

Ceger

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showpost.php?p=8637711&postcount=400

I vote thread title be changed to "Teamxbox forum member dislikes Resistance. Likes COD3 360 more"

Even if we give him the benifit of the doubt that he is a developer, his post is not insightful and does not draw on his expertise. So it's just a another random game review. Why does it have to be reposted here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back