On June 11th Playstation Nation will be smiling wide.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7537

http://www.vgoa.com/index.php?page=newsProfile&platform=Main&newsID=230

VGChartz Forums reported from a Podcast on AllGames.com that on June 11st Sony will be making a major announcement. Here are a few quotes from the PodCast:

"I can tell you this.. On June 11th playstion nation will be smiling wide, because they are gonna have something the 360 people can only dream of and it was real time!!! ...real time im tellin ya!! what we saw...we've been sworn to secrecy

I wonder what it is?

UPDATE: (This below could just be some random guy)

"Hey guys, this is scot (agn) from the podcast mentioned in this thread. The game we saw had an embargo of June 10th on it and on the 11th we'll have the developer and creator of the game live on our show so you can ask questions in chat or via skype. Sometimes magazines do in fact leak out before embargos because they have a lead time for printing. That said, the game appears to be very cool and as we said it's something that no 360 owner will be playing. I don't want to break our embargo but as a PS3 owner who hasn't been happy with the game selection, I thought this was a pretty awesome title with a lot of promise.
you can hear the live show every day 3:30 to 5:30 west coast time 6:30 to 8:30 east coast time at http://www.allgames.com you can get the archives and community site at http://community.allgames.com"

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=pslounge&message.id=306994#M306994announcement

I'd say KZ2.

It's the Agency MMO from SOE for PS3 and PC.

But we already saw it realtime... i don't know, they put special mention on that what they saw was realtime, the agency doesn't look specially great, and SOE already talked about it, so why there would be an embargo?

PD: I know my english is bad :p

Sounds exciting.

Even though my speculative powers have failed me in the past, that won’t stop me from venturing another guess. So I'm guessing that it's either the new Crytek game or Lorne Lanning’s Oddworld: Citizen Siege. We would expect to be awed by either of these games. We know that Crytek is capable of creating the look and feel of a real world and we know that Oddworld has always provided topnotch graphics for whichever system it's been on and honestly, based on the art direction of the past, I would expect them to produce an Oddworld game on the PS3 that would rival the graphics of LBP.

The Crytek game seems a possibility as they've been publicly seeking programmers and artists for the PS3. However, it seems a bit too soon to have a real time demo of the game running because I can't imagine they've already gotten Crytek Engine 2 firing up on the Cell. The other thing is that Scot is positive it is a PS3 exclusive and based on how all other so called exclusives have gone I don't see how he can be so sure about Crytek.

Oddworld: Citizen Siege seems more likely. Lorne Lanning has been working on this project for some time now and we know it is a combination movie/game property. Exclusivity with Sony on this game makes sense if Sony agreed to produce the movie.

Of course we may be surprised and find it an entirely new IP, but still gives us something to look forward to on Monday.

-aldo

Before someone calls shens

Credit: VonGak

Rubin from AllGames made some comments at NeoGaf

What are you the f'ing Game Queen? I've interviewed about 1000 game developers over the past 10 years and allgames.com has been around longer than you've been trolling forums.

That said, the interview is live, the developers are AAA, and you're an asshat.

I just want to jump in here to say a few things. I didn't spam my comments about what we saw, I said it on our show and someone else posted it. So it wasn't a troll for traffic. I've had a PS3 since launch and was underwhelmed with what it had to offer. I recently got a chance to try Warhawk and had a lot of fun with the beta despite the crashing and freeze ups (it's a beta, I get it)

When we saw the game I'm talking about everyone in the room raised their eyes and was super impressed. This is the video game industry so sure you have to take any presentation with a grain of salt, but I stand by what I said on the show and we will have the games creator on the air live with us the 11th. I don't know what parallel universe people are living in where quality game makers don't talk to anyone but Gamespot, IGN, and 1up.

BTW, I do understand this forum has become somewhat legendary and have a ton of respect for it and its members.

Also if you get a chance to see The King Of Kong, do it. This is one of the greatest documentaries I've ever seen and it may just get an academy award nomination. The story of Billy Mitchell and Steve Wiebe battling over the Donkey Kong world record is epic, and the filmmakers have done an incredible job making this a movie that anyone can love.

The Crytek game seems a possibility as they've been publicly seeking programmers and artists for the PS3. However, it seems a bit too soon to have a real time demo of the game running because I can't imagine they've already gotten Crytek Engine 2 firing up on the Cell. The other thing is that Scot is positive it is a PS3 exclusive and based on how all other so called exclusives have gone I don't see how he can be so sure about Crytek.

Actually Crytek has been working on PS3 hardware for quite sometime; which engine is another story. They could have switched midway in development with their earlier PS3 works to something else.

Everybody is forgetting about Killzone 2? 8)

Definitely possible, but his comment:
the game appears to be very cool
had me thinking that he was a bit unfamiliar with the gameplay. IMO, most wouldn't make this comment about an fps, especially a well known fps, unless some major unknown element of gameplay was added.

-aldo

It's a "Kill Bill" game changed to be more... uh... "thematically appropriate" of their competition with Microsoft. You'd never see THAT on the 360! :p

a day after my BD. ;)

seems some sort of trolling article when i read "360 fans can't dream of"

fanboys tend to feel triumphant when their rivals suffer. ;)

Yeah, and "rivals" seems to somehow translate as "people who don't have precisely my taste in games."

...ponderous.

I don't know, with Sony's track record of PS3 PR lately I'm not really inclined to even pretend to get excited with anything they say without some hard proof. :(

Back