Ok, the REAL 1st X360 Native 1080p game is...

Tap In

Legend
NBA Street Homecourt by EA (Demo available now on marketplace and it looks pretty sweet)

BTW, it runs at 60fps at 720p and 30fps at 1080p

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=12680

Following yesterday's news that Sega's March 20 release of Virtua Tennis 3 would herald the first Xbox 360 game to feature native 1080p support, a representative from Electronic Arts has revealed to Gamasutra that its upcoming NBA Street Homecourt, shipping a month earlier on February 20, will also support the high end resolution on Xbox 360.

While Microsoft first announced support for native 1080p games and movies in its October 2006 Xbox Live update, it heralded a number of titles competing to be the first to offer the highest-end HD resolution, and it appears that EA's title will indeed beat Sega's to retail with the hitherto not well-publicized resolution included...... cntd

hm.... So if you select 1080i, will it be 720p 60fps upscaled or 1080p deinterlaced? ;)

Guess you might be out of luck if your TV's native output is 1080i and you want the 60fps (The LCD projection my friend has looks pretty bad with 720p being output from the Xbox 360 compared to 1080i). :p

I hope these people offering 1080p are doing AA as well, especially at 720p. Once you implement tiling it should be a piece of cake to add more tiles, assuming you're not doing it the lazy way and just rendering all the geometry to each tile.

hm.... So if you select 1080i, will it be 720p 60fps upscaled or 1080p deinterlaced? ;)
I just checked the demo and 1080p is obviously higher resolution, but 1080i looks like 720p unscaled and interlaced. Shame they didn't just put an option in the menu so we could pick whether we wanted the higher rendering resolution or better framerate and let the 360's scaler do the work regardless of what resolution settings are selected in the dashboard.
Guess you might be out of luck if your TV's native output is 1080i and you want the 60fps (The LCD projection my friend has looks pretty bad with 720p being output from the Xbox 360 compared to 1080i). :p
I think you pretty much have to render interlaced to get 60fps interlaced. Gabbing a field from each frame would lead to some ugly artifacts with any framerate fluctuations, where as always grabbing both fields from a single frame avoids that issue.

They really should allow users to pick between the two. I don't want to have to set my 360 to 720p permanently, and I don't want to change it just to play one game or demo.

Back