Official Xbox 360 Physical Dimensions

You have seen user-made pictures comparing the Xbox 360 dimensions with the Xbox, which gave you a good idea of the size of the console. But until now, the exact physical dimensions of the Xbox 360 were unknown. Well, the dimensions of the Xbox 360 are no longer a mystery. We have just received the official info regarding the Xbox 360 physical dimensions, including its weight.

The Xbox 360 weights 7.7 pounds (3.5 kg) and is:

309 mm wide x 83 mm high x 258 mm deep

12.15 in wide x 3.27 in high x 10.15 in deep

The Xbox weight 8.8 pounds (4 kg) and is:

305 mm wide x 101 mm high x 203 mm deep

12 in wide x 4 in high x 8 in deep

Available this holiday in North America, Europe and Japan, Xbox 360 is the future-generation video game and entertainment system that places you at the center of the experience. Xbox 360 will ignite a new era of digital entertainment that is always connected, always personalized and always in high definition.

Every Xbox 360 game is optimized for a minimum of 720p high definition output with anti-aliasing. Regardless of the TV Xbox 360 connects to, gamers will experience smooth, cinematic experiences that far exceed anything they’ve seen or felt in games before.

News Source: TeamXbox

Didn't 'The Pirate' explicitly say it would be smaller than the Xbox?

Those numbers, to me, look a bit larger -- maybe I just don't know how to count anymore.

Not that it really matters much...

It's thinner, but at the same time it's longer and goes deeper.
That makes it look slimmer even though it actually might need a bigger space.
I would like it more a bit thicker and shorter.

It is actually a bit bigger, but the smaller height makes it look slimmer.

X360's volume: ~403 inches cubed
Xbox's volume: 384 inches cubed

Unfortunately, my Xbox only just about fits on my game shelf - X360 might have to settle for a vertical positioning beside the shelf because of it's even greater depth.

On the upside, it's also lighter, which may contribute to the illusion of it being smaller.

Titanio said:
It is actually a bit bigger, but the smaller height makes it look slimmer.

X360's volume: ~403 inches cubed
Xbox's volume: 384 inches cubed

Unfortunately, my Xbox only just about fits on my game shelf - X360 might have to settle for a vertical positioning beside the shelf because of it's even greater depth.

On the upside, it's also lighter, which may contribute to the illusion of it being smaller.

I think concave design make it look smaller.

Dr Evil said:
Xbox1 is much deeper than 203mm or 8".

edit: it's about 250mm or 10" deep.

You're right, it's also a little wider than 12", but it's only more like 3" high rather than 4, which is puzzling.

I'll try and look up the official dimensions, Teamxbox seems to have made a hash of this ;)

edit - Gamespot has them as "11.8 in x 7.1 in x 3.1 in" which is obviously wrong, for the depth at least. 3.1" for height seems about right though.

Titanio said:
Dr Evil said:
Xbox1 is much deeper than 203mm or 8".

edit: it's about 250mm or 10" deep.

You're right, it's also a little wider than 12", but it's only more like 3" high rather than 4, which is puzzling.

I'll try and look up the official dimensions, Teamxbox seems to have made a hash of this ;)

edit - Gamespot has them as "11.8 in x 7.1 in x 3.1 in" which is obviously wrong, for the depth at least. 3.1" for height seems about right though.

I tried to find correct information too, but it proved to be more difficult than I expected, now where the hell is my measuring tape, my plaze is a mess and I can't find it! :cry:

Qroach said:
nice one MS, you said it was smaller and it's basically the same size. :rolleyes:

Its smaller not by much, I think they got the Xbox dimension wrong or measured in a weird way.

Qroach said:
nice one MS, you said it was smaller and it's basically the same size. :rolleyes:

Maybe they were going by volume and including the concave bit :LOL:

2nd "official" sizes. If it is bigger (which it appears in 2 directions...) then I wonder what they were smoking when they said it was smaller?

Xbox360_vs_Xbox.jpg

o_O

If that pic is right I think people have a big problem measuring... darn that US education system!

Acert93 said:
o_O

If that pic is right I think people have a big problem measuring... darn that US education system!

It's weird that the hard drive slot is not visible on that picture, I think it should be from that angle...

can someone explain to me how you put the disc in when the thing is vertical :?: I never figured it out. :p

Back