Oddworld news

hm... I must admit, I'm oblivious to the series except for Munch's Odyssey back on Xbox. I didn't finish it, but some parts were pretty fun. Is there a cult-following (or better) of sorts that wants the series to continue :?:

The PS1 Oddworld games are amazingly good. Just clever puzzles, cinematic presentation and nice morals to the story. I haven't played any since the Abe games, but anything new from the team would be very much welcome.

The originals were very good, certainly challenging! but 2D platformers and the transition to 3D wasn't great. A friend got a free Xbox from an MS development conference, bought the latest Oddworld, didn't like it anything like as much and traded the console for a PS2. There has been a want for a return-to-form of the franchise. A new 2.5D title would be great. I've no idea how big the audience is though. The long-term vision was a five-part story heading for a movie IIRC. That's a very big intention to have before launch when you've no idea what interest levels will be like!

The PS1 Oddworld games are amazingly good. Just clever puzzles, cinematic presentation and nice morals to the story. I haven't played any since the Abe games, but anything new from the team would be very much welcome.

True. Odyssey and Exodus (if I remeber correctly) were amazing : Challenging, funny, addictive, with great graphics and fabulous cut-scenes. Munch was good too. I hope they bring back their unique touch... :D

Back