Oblivion video

Love_In_Rio said:
No soft shadows, and textures seem to be quite poor and without AF.Besides that fire and that hand are else horrible.This could be easily be made by Xbox. Is this an easy one-core port ?

But luckily that's not the main attraction of this game.. To me this confirms I won't miss anything on my PC version when it's out.

*cough* low-res low-quality blurry pixelated shaky-cam video *cough*
Please don't judge a game's graphics, at least not details, by such a source. We've had this dozens of times, it just doesn't work very well. And I don't know about "This could be easily be made by Xbox", that just sorta reeks of trolling to me...

I agree on the obvious points though. Lack of dynamic soft shadows is sorta dissapointing in that clip, especially since its a closed environment. The animation of the fist/arm and rat was also quite poor IMO and the flames looked boring indeed. Still, that material is hardly anything that is representative of the game in whole and the vids released earlier this week are more than enough to demonstrate that.

Gollum said:
*cough* low-res low-quality blurry pixelated shaky-cam video *cough*
Please don't judge a game's graphics, at least not details, by such a source. We've had this dozens of times, it just doesn't work very well. And I don't know about "This could be easily be made by Xbox", that just sorta reeks of trolling to me...
QFT. Hopw anyone could see texture detail in such a blocky, pixelated compressed video is beyond me.

Just reminds me of the PDZ movies from 2 weeks ago... looked very low detail... until you got close to a wall and the codec stopped screwing with the image quality. Really, high quality direct feeds at 720p are really the only media you can begin to talk about visual fidelity. Certain things are noticable, if missing, in a smaller screenshot (i.e. a scaled picture should have a bit of detail, ala super sampling, so if it is missing detail in bland areas that means it ain't there) but overall you have to be REALLY careful.

As for the Xbox comment, well, I agree there too. That deserves a big :rolleyes:

that comment is by a dissapointing shock moment. I hope that video is not finally representative but if you see to the latest X360 captures the lack of AF and detail in textures is obvious.I wish it was everything the cam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love_In_Rio said:
that comment is by a dissapointing shock moment. I hope that video is not finally representative but if you see to the latest X360 captures the lack of AF and detail in textures is obvious.I wish it was everything the cam.

I think we have seen plenty of good quality footage from this game and it's safe to say that Xbox couldn't handle it, not even close. I recommend that you will check this out

http://files.filefront.com/Oblivion20minGameplayavi/;4201955;;/fileinfo.html

I don't even consider launch games first gen titles...they are like, pre-first gen titles. This is an extremely ambitious game to be launched with the x360. Cut them some slack.

No soft shadows, and textures seem to be quite poor and without AF.Besides that fire and that hand are else horrible. This could be easily be made by Xbox.

QFT.

GwymWeepa said:
I don't even consider launch games first gen titles...they are like, pre-first gen titles. This is an extremely ambitious game to be launched with the x360. Cut them some slack.

QFT.

;)

j/k

but really.. wait for the end product and when the direct-feed media come out. :)

What's the point of previewing games beforehand anyway? Just release them when they're finished and be done with it! Nothing to see here people, please move on...

Back