Oblivion thread

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by thekey, Mar 18, 2006.

1. DarN

Regular

Which fonts are you using?

2. swaaye

swaaye Entirely Suboptimal
    Legend

Not sure I installed any different fonts. I just installed what came with those two packs. I remember having font issues with another UI pack though, so I switched back to the separate DarkUI and ImmersiveUI packs.

3. Freak'n Big Panda

Regular

Does anybody here know how to change the major skills you picked during character creation? I can use the showclassmenu command to change my class (and hence my major and minor skills) but it doesn't keep the level associated with each skill and if I try to adjust them I go up a bunch of levels which obviously isn't cool. Anyways if anybody has any suggestions I'd appreciate the help.

4. DJ12

Veteran

I am having an issue with oblivion.

I have an ATI X1950 but if I try to apply HDR as well as AA it says it's not possible on my card and I thought this was possible on ATI cards and was just an issue with older geforce cards.

5. KimB

Legend

Oblivion doesn't support AA with HDR in the game. You have to force AA it via the driver with HDR enabled in-game, whether ATI or nVidia.

6. DJ12

Veteran

Ahh, thanks.

7. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

i haven't had any issues (installed shivering isles and the knights of the nine). i use a few mods in my existing (previous) game (eg tame animals)...anyway i have like 5 new abodes (pirate area, tower, etc), have run through 1 side (sunny side) of shivering isle...done a few more oblivion gates (great if you're in a foul-ish mood) and a quest of 2 from the original game (100's? uncompleted there i think). and have had no issues whatsoever.

just so some of you know, it's not a done deal that you'll have issues (im running XP SP2 BTW)