Oblivion ATI/NVIDIA scores LEAKED?

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by Shadowmage, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dooby

Regular

While not as obvious as the previous graph, the graph that started this thread :

[​IMG]

Has too many common data points with this graph to make me think its real :

[​IMG]

What do you guys think?

2. fallguy

Veteran

Already brought up'

digitalwanderer likes this.
  3. martrox

martrox Old Fart
    Veteran

Dooby...... please don't take this personally...but, did you read this thread before you posted?

or have you been token that doobie.....;)

digitalwanderer likes this.
  4. Dooby

Regular

fallguy and martox...

Did YOU read this thread? The previous comment about the graphs being similar to FEAR were for that nicely stylised graph that appeared on page 3 of this thread. No one has linked to the similar FEAR graph for the INITIAL graph until now.

Please think about your posts before you make them. I think I'll go sit back on my high horse now.

5. pjbliverpool

pjbliverpool B3D Scallywag
    Legend

If the PC is managing 35fps at 1600x1200/4xFSAA/16xAF which seems realistic to me, then at 1280x720/2xFSAA/trilinear I would imagine 60fps is well within reach. Adding HDR to that wouldn't drop it to 20fps unless it was a horribily inefficient implenentation.

And I don't know where your getting this "30 fps on a console means a solid 30fps" idea from. Havn't you ever played Halo? A 30 fps cap means the game won't go above 30fps, it doesn't mean it won't go below, it doesn't even mean the average is above 30fps. You can cap PC games with vsync for a similar effect.

6. John Reynolds

John Reynolds Ecce homo
    Veteran

I mispoke when I wrote this yesterday. Matt says he is playing at 1680x1050 on a 4800+, 1GB RAM, and a single X1900 and getting those kind of frame rates with HDR enabled.

7. R300King!

Newcomer

Exactly!

Oh where oh where has all the attention to detail gone? :-D

8. Sobek

Sobek Locally Operating
    Veteran

I can't believe people are STILL discussing possible performance margins based on false data...

Move on people!

9. Griffith

Newcomer

just read better before reply, this will avoid you errors
    1) I say 1280 4xAA+ MSAA, you understand 1280 2xAA trilinear and this is the first error
    2) where you get the "2xAA" thing? seems like a bullshit to me
    3) in the 360 screenshots, seems to me that trasparent texture are filtered, I don't know what will be the hit in the pc version enabling this filter
    4) the console have less minimum points, because of the closed box optimizations, they don't have a win xp in background,some strange drivers that require resources and so on
    I don't ever talked about "framerate won't go under 30" in the console version, I say a whole different thing, and that is the last error

10. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

People, these graphs are FAKE! :shock:

C'mon, what are you arguing over? What fake graphs mean? :???:

11. fallguy

Veteran

No one linked it, but it was brought up. Saddle up, Cowboy.

12. Dooby

Regular

please reference the post before the stylised graph that said they were figures taken from the FEAR review, that showed the graph that they were taken from.

It may just be me having a hard time following a thread but Im pretty sure no-one made a reference to the INITIAL graph being based off FEAR numbers.

I apologise if someone did, Im about to read the whole thread again.

13. digitalwanderer

Legend

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showpost.php?p=721211&postcount=63

14. Dooby

Regular

digi, cos Ive been a member of these boards for a very long time, and Im sick to death of people posting crap against my posts are blatantly not true, or not thought out.

I dont really care about reputation, but it does show that someone cares enough me showing them up to try and make me feel bad.

Back to it - until Apple740 posted about the SECOND graph being based on FEAR numbers, people were still discussing the in's and out's of XBOX chips. fallguy and martox, get back in your box where made up things come from.

15. Dooby

Regular

16. Sinistar

Sinistar I LIVE
    Regular Subscriber

17. digitalwanderer

Legend

Your post that was deleted was waaaaay out of line, that's what I hit you for.

Talk about someone just trying to make someone feel bad, what were you going for in that post?

18. Dooby

Regular

I had a post that was deleted? I didnt even notice in the rest of the crap that this thread turned into. Its much better being a spectator around these forums that disagree with something that some guy who has 14000 posts (seriously? wtf?) cos it shows up those who "know" and those who "think they know".

I had posted very valid images that showed the inital graph was false too, and I got a shower of shit on me.

Why else would people (including yourself now) whom I have SHOWN TO BE WRONG give me bad rep for any other reason that to degrade me? I dont understand rep on this forum at all anyway. If you dont want me to call you wrong, back up your posts with a) proof b) correct links c) wit, charm and humour.

#98 Dooby, Mar 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2006
  19. pjbliverpool

pjbliverpool B3D Scallywag
    Legend

Even though tthe scores are most likely fake, this post is directed at your obvious blind bias toward everything Xbox 360 related.

What exactly is 4xAA+ MSAA? Do you even uinderstand what your trying to talk about? Im saying 2xFSAA to be consistent with your comparison between PC and X360 performance. I don't belive the X360 version uses 4xMSAA, do you have some evidence to suggest otherwise.

Why? because you don't like the sound of it?

By all means, demonstrate what you mean with a screenshot. Texture filtering doesn't usually have a big impact on PC performance so I don't see why this would be an issue.

And I suppose you can demonstrate this with evidence? Or are you just assuming? Because we all know consoles can suffer from framerate problems just like some PC's in some games.

20. Griffith

Newcomer

you are not new to this kind of answers
    you give statement for sure that aa is 2x, when this is only a assumption, is the first BS, of course you don't provide a single prove but then you ask prove for trasparent filtering, then you affirm that pc or closed box games have the same minimum points in framerate, then you use a my typo in your answer..
    and you want to do a discussion with someone else?

not with me, there's no range of discussion with biased hater, so bye.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.