NX Gamer Discusses Game Tech *spin* [2015 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theoretically under ~24fps or ~25fps the illusion of correct motion doesn't work anymore. I see a pure slideshow at 20fps (on a 60hz screen) and a relatively smooth animated motion at 25fps (PAL stuff on a 50hz TV obviously), but that's me.

Would be interesting to test the exact threshold, in my case, when I'll get my hands on a gsync or freesync monitor.

Won't do you any good as they don't work under 30 I think.

Sub-1080p (1min56) according to NX Gamer. Not surprising since the game looks far more demanding than NFS Rivals.

VG Tech seems to do decent work I like a lot that he dumped the frame data rather than just providing a video and subjective impressions as DF.

PC style data for Fallout 4 Xbox One here, neat IMO, perhaps we need a VGtech thread?

Frame Tearing Statistics:

0 torn frames detected out of 41895 total frames.

Frame Time Counts:

Out of a total of 20485 unique frames.

0 frames displayed for 16.7ms (0%)

19667 frames displayed for 33.3ms (96.01%)

791 frames displayed for 50ms (3.86%)

15 frames displayed for 66.7ms (0.07%)

12 frames displayed for more than 66.7ms (0.06%)

Frame Time Statistics:

The mean frame time is 34.05ms

The median frame time is 33.3ms

The maximum frame time is 366.7ms

The minimum frame time is 33.3ms

The 95th percentile frame time is 33.3ms

The 99th percentile frame time is 50ms

FPS Statistics:

The mean fps is 29.34

The median fps is 30

The maximum fps is 30

The minimum fps is 19

DF has done some of that too, but aren't consistent. NX gamer isn't either, but I would love all of them to make this standard for sure, though as you need to know which part of the game was played and how, it's still complicated.

DF has done some of that too, but aren't consistent. NX gamer isn't either, but I would love all of them to make this standard for sure, though as you need to know which part of the game was played and how, it's still complicated.

This a thousand times. I remember DF's framerate test of Diablo III where they played the first few areas :runaway:

nxgamer0fkm7.jpg

At this point every time CPU comes up it is just an excuse to explain performance anomalies. It can be easy to see GPU stress points, but CPU?

At this point every time CPU comes up it is just an excuse to explain performance anomalies. It can be easy to see GPU stress points, but CPU?
I kinda agree. When slowdown occurs moreso on PS4 than Xbox in Fallout during combat with heavy alpha blending that could be because of memory bandwidth bottleneck on PS4.

Wow, just wow. That's one of the worst performing games to date on X1 (and probably Ps4 as well), launch titles included.

Earlier today (early hours of the morning, actually) we posted a rather Marmite article on Just Cause 3’s load times and frame rates. Some have called into question our integrity, even going as far to claim that we don’t even have the game. Shame on you. Uploading the vast amounts of footage we have takes time, plus our everyday lives dictate we don’t sit in front a computer for 20 hours a day, so these things take time.

We do now have a quick upload of the game’s load screens. As you can see in the video below, once Rico breaks free from his mortal coil, the loading screens make out-stay their welcome by quite a bit. It’s roughly three-and-a-half minutes of loading screens. Ouch, but at least you can go and make a cup of tea while you wait for Rico to get his groove back on.

Same problem on PS4

shame, I was looking forward to having some fun in that...
Same. I've not played the previous games but last night watched a stream of it being played on PC and got very close to pre-ordering the PS4 version from Amazon. Glad I got distracted and forgot about it.

I had a little go on the PS3 version of JC2, I thought it was fun but I never got round to playing properly for some reason...I had high hopes for this - hopefully they will iron out the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back