NX Gamer Discusses Game Tech *spin* [2015 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.

According to NXGamer, the game is sub 1080p on XB1.
Yep, summary of his video:

- Locked 60fps on PS4 and Pro
- fluctuating 60fps on XB1, basically 50-55fps during fights as low as 45fps
- 1080p on PS4 with better AA than PC
- 1260p on PRO with reconstruction TAA to reach higher perceived resolution (the 16xxp most people found). Pro version has less shimmering and aliasing than PC at 1260p.
- 960x1080 on XB1 with reconstruction TAA when not in motion. But the image quality on XB1 is much worse than on PS4.

I assume folks are analyzing the proper edges for the proper dimension? (instead of assuming a 16:9 buffer, just in case)

I don't get that video at all. He states specifically, that outside of resolution, there are no "visual quality" differences at all between the PC. Then goes on to explain in detail how you can get better reflections and shadows on the PC because it has a "Very High" setting and the consoles only run at "High". He also states that motion blur is better on the PC and you get better ambient occlusion...WTF?

I don't get that video at all. He states specifically, that outside of resolution, there are no "visual quality" differences at all between the PC. Then goes on to explain in detail how you can get better reflections and shadows on the PC because it has a "Very High" setting and the consoles only run at "High". He also states that motion blur is better on the PC and you get better ambient occlusion...WTF?

He knows his demographic.

I took that to mean that the PC version doesn't have any particular technology implementations that are absent on consoles. Literally his next sentence is him talking what graphical settings scale up on the PC version, using the car hood to show off shadows then SSR.

I thought the point of these comparisons was to show each system at its best and compare
but they dont do that with resolution
for example if a ps4 runs a game at 1920x1080 but the max res of the xbox1 is slightly lower they dont run both systems at 720p
but when comparing a pc they limit it to console resolution

I thought the point of these comparisons was to show each system at its best and compare but they dont do that with resolution
for example if a ps4 runs a game at 1920x1080 but the max res of the xbox1 is slightly lower they dont run both systems at 720p

How do you force a PS4 or Xbox One to render at 720p? All you can do it trick the console into downscaling to 720p at output which would introduce a moderate supersampling effect and make ascertaining differences harder. I assume they chose a 1080p target because it's one of (if not the) most common for both PC and console users.

but when comparing a pc they limit it to console resolution

Because resolution is something they can control on PC and for the purpose of comparison you want as much commonality as possibility.

Played the demo of this earlier. It's really good. Not sure I could cope with it in VR but will certainly hold off buying it until the VR mode is available on PC. Playing maxed out at 1440p with locked 60 fps - in the demo at least, I imagine it's not the most taxing section.

How do you force a PS4 or Xbox One to render at 720p?
oh I thought there was an option to switch between 720 and 1080
still they dont run all systems at their max resolution
for the purpose of comparison you want as much commonality as possibility
When the console is equal to the pc on medium they dont run the pc on medium if the pc for example has an option for better shadows they use that

Played the demo of this earlier. It's really good. Not sure I could cope with it in VR but will certainly hold off buying it until the VR mode is available on PC.
I tried the PSVR demo yesterday having had it since release. I turned it off after two minutes, I literally got out of the starting room, and into the corridor.

No way. No. :nope:

He probably meant that those differences don't really change the overall look of the game. Even DF said that the PC version is really similar to the console version.

It's another game where the developers didn't add a lot of refinement for the pc version.

IMO, HBAO+, SSR, better shadows, higher resolution volumetrics and object motion blur are significant differences between game versions. Especially something like SSR which changes the way an entire scene or material can appear from version to version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back