NVIDIA's FX Composer 2 beta now available for download

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by B3D News, Jun 17, 2007.

1. B3D News

B3D News Beyond3D News
    Regular

This past week NVIDIA announced the availability of Composer FX 2 (Beta 3) for public download, marking the first time a beta revision of the shader-authoring software has been made publicly available. Key feature set highlights include cross-platform support for DirectX 9 and OpenGL, as well as HLSL, COLLADA FX Cg, and Cg FX; full COLLADA asset management and portability is also included.

Read the full news item

2. bcloward

Newcomer

Umm - just wanted to point out that the name of the software is FX Composer - not Composer FX. I'd recommend changing that on your front page.

3. MrGaribaldi

Regular

Is it just me, or does it have a serious problem with saving/loading projects with Collada files? I've been trying it out at work, but whenever I save/load it gives me an error..

And when I'm trying to run it my home machine with an ATI card, it just crashes at the splash screen...

Aside from that, I like the changes from 1.8...

4. NocturnDragon

Regular

Yeah for me too, so I wasn't able to check it out yet.
    And when you go to fill a bug report, they don't even have a Other choice in the graphic cards list, but just nvdia cards.