Nvidia's 3000 Series RTX GPU [3090s with different memory capacity]

That poor thing is going to be bandwidth starved. Putting GDDR6X on it should have been a no-brainer, but Nvidia deemed it more prudent to put those onto the 3060 Ti instead. Go figure.

Interesting development.
I wonder if G6X is cheaper for Nvidia than G6.

Why would it be discontinued? There is nothing faster besides HBM and G7 development is rumor territory so far.
Because GDDR6 it was supposed to replace reached same speeds and does it cheaper?
Regardless, Samsung just last month highlighted their work on 36 Gbps GDDR7 (4 Gbps higher than year before), no release timeline yet though

Because GDDR6 it was supposed to replace reached same speeds and does it cheaper?
Did it reach the same speed? What makes you think that it's cheaper (especially at the same speed)?

Regardless, Samsung just last month highlighted their work on 36 Gbps GDDR7 (4 Gbps higher than year before), no release timeline yet though
So as I've said, rumor territory. Also nothing on the market support it right now.

As a 3060ti owner I get next to no performance increase when over clocking the GDDR6.

I do get an increase with a core OC so giving the card faster RAM is pointless.

Releasing a 16GB GDDR6 variant would have been much better.

20 vs 24 is not "at 24 Gbps".

It's the same when the implementation was done years ago.
Both 20 Gbps and 24 Gbps GDDR6 are in production and officially in 'sampling' phase to customers.
24 Gbps GDDR6X is just as much "MIA" as 24 Gbps GDDR6 as in neither has been implemented in any products so far.

More expensive transceivers and tighter rules on signaling don't disappear when you implement them once.

That's the same bogus argument as claiming that 3090Ti runs fine with a 75% power limit.

The product is what's released, not the hand-tuned settings that vary by card. If NVidia has no need for 24GB/s then there's no need for GDDR6X.

It's just cheap crap right now. Remember GDDR4?

Back