Nvidia's 3000 Series RTX GPU [3090s with different memory capacity]

So, what did the Titan retail for? Titan Z?
So, the thinking is 3090 is a Titan class card and the 3080 is the new xxxx Ti. Except now there's a "$1999" 3090 Ti. The 3080 also has a larger percentage of disabled SMs compared to previous Ti chips.

The $2499 Titan RTX was a cool move, but the others were $999 and $1200.

Ah whatever. The clever minds hard at work with their market segmentation at NV.

Last edited:
The Titans were distinguished generally by the amount of VRAM on them for prosumers. Whatever goes on at Nvidia for naming, they don't seem to care about what they call their products. Mainly that the 3090 isn't comparable to the 2080ti but rather what used to be a Titan card for price segmentation.

The Titans were distinguished generally by the amount of VRAM on them for prosumers. Whatever goes on at Nvidia for naming, they don't seem to care about what they call their products. Mainly that the 3090 isn't comparable to the 2080ti but rather what used to be a Titan card for price segmentation.

3080 Ti = 1080 Ti
3090 = Titan X Pascal
3090 Ti = Titan Xp

The 3080 Ti should be $800-$850 MSRP. Nvidia can charge whatever they want for the Titans, most people don't need them for gaming.

Why not just hold out for the next gen at this point. AMD should be out before years end no? Nvidia early next year?
NVidia looks likely to start releasing new stuff in September. I reckon AMD is going to be late and rumours seem to indicate only the "7600" might release this year at a price bracket below the $700 that's burning a hole in @Malo 's pocket.

I'd rather pick up a 3070 honestly for cheaper.
3070s are really hard to find. There's one for $40 cheaper than a 3070ti. 3080 10's are still $900 plus.

Why not just hold out for the next gen at this point. AMD should be out before years end no? Nvidia early next year?
AMD isn't really an option for us unfortunately. My wife really needs a new GPU for her new Zen3 PC and she's definitely not going to wait another year. I want her to have decent RT performance where AMD isn't quite there yet.

For myself I'll probably wait till next gen. I'm married to Nvidia for some prosumer rendering stuff but I need higher VRAM amounts, 12-16Gb would be ideal as I'm not paying stupid prices for Titan-class GPUs.

The issue with holding out for next gen is I'm not sure if people should bank on easy availability. Remember at the onset of this gen they were hard to get even above MSRP prior to the mining cycle starting.

Even with a mining sell off it might be a case that you can get very "cheap" GPUs but they'll be used this gen ones from miners towards the end of this year.

Prices have come down alot almost there msrp. NV’s next will likely be september though so might be worth to hold out a few months.

NVidia looks likely to start releasing new stuff in September. I reckon AMD is going to be late and rumours seem to indicate only the "7600" might release this year at a price bracket below the $700 that's burning a hole in @Malo 's pocket.
Huh? Most I've seen are saying Navi 31 is first out the door.

Does that mean conservatives will shift over to Nvidia en masse?
tumblr_n1vni3szcL1rrx588o1_250.gif

That would be surprising. Nvidia already knows how to make a massive 5nm die. AMD has a longer row to hoe with their first chiplet GPU architecture.
Not sure what you mean by that or how it would even be relevant
-"knows how to build massive 5nm die" : any experiences gained from Hopper are too late to have real effect on Ada, they're schedules are far too close for that
-AMD isn't building massive 5nm die, they're building several smaller dies (and already have several years of experience on how to package them)
And to nitpick they have even experience on building "chiplet GPUs" thanks to XB360, even though it was as simple as it was with just memory stuff on another die

Back