Nvidia says Vista to run GPU differantly

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by Turtle 1, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turtle 1

Newcomer

http://www.tgdaily.com/trends/ces2006/

NVIDIA: Two-tiered Windows Vista hardware support may split product line

A representative from NVIDIA told us at CES that the two tiers of hardware support from Microsoft's forthcoming Windows Vista - which are now called "Vista Standard" and "Vista Premium" - may very well result not only in different simultaneous classes of graphics cards, but also very obvious appearance differences in the Vista front-end.

This leads me to believe their is more to this story here than meets the eye

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28825

I won't add my own comments sense they seem to offend some here so draw your own conclusions.:cry:

2. Razor1

Veteran

Read the article lol

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/01/06/two-tier_vista_may_confuse_nvidia_customers/

Everybody is in the same boat

3. Turtle 1

Newcomer

according to this article not everyone is is the same boat.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28825:cry:

What I am getting out of this is ATI can do the Glass fancy Inteface which nvidia at present can't. I do relieze that DX 9 cards will perform differantly than DX10 cards. But it would seem at the present the older ATi cards will have a leg up on the old and present NV cards. Anyone who didn't see this coming has no insight. . Thats not to say nvidia won't get their drivers to work with the Glass Fancy interface. I personnally dought it. How long has it been since Nv has had the shimmering problem that goes unresolved?

#3 Turtle 1, Jan 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2006
  4. Razor1

Veteran

Thats the inquirer, ask all the people that have aero glass working on thier 5200 fx's :razz:

5. Turtle 1

Newcomer

Yes I would like very much to ask them any links so I can do just that.

6. Razor1

Veteran

#6 Razor1, Jan 8, 2006
  7. Turtle 1

Newcomer

In the last four years on speculating 2 times only have I missed 1 time with Itanic but that still an open issue. 2nd time I got caught with my tongue hanging out was with the 32pipe R520. It was not the inquirer that started that rumor.

Fud turned fact 99% accurate

8. Razor1

Veteran

He is accurate becuase he covers all bases (if you want to call that accuracy thats up to you, I would call that fancifully misguided journalism)

He made this one into the rumor you are stating. Microsoft was not saying nV's cards don't work with Vista, they are telling thier partners if they are showing off Vista Beta 2 (pre Beta 2 December) stick with ATi cards since A) Vista is still beta and B) nV's Vista drivers still have some bugs.

9. Turtle 1

Newcomer

Did you actually look at and read those links I seen nothing that shows NV actually works in AERO glass . One guy had no luck the other two got some very very bad results . But I guess that par for the course for nvidia. I am not picking on NV . I love all American company's as opposed the rest of the world. But when NV and microsoft had a falling out over Xbox . There was one sure result who microsoft was going to work with on vista. Because of Xbox 360 and the relationship between Microsft and ATi on this product it allowed ATI to get way ahead of nvidia with this OS. Because ATi and microsoft were working together on Xbox 360 it allowed ATI to get information years ahead of nvidia. All legael in order to protect the yet to be released xbox 360 design.

Ati keeps building stronger and stronger relationships with both microsoft and Intel and Nv is tearing down its relationships with both giants.

Ati knows how to build stronger bonds with its partners as is evident. Intel is selling millions of ATI chipsets on their M/B how will this benefit ATi ?
    I think don't know but Conroe is going to be way ahead of AMD. So if Intel and ATi continue to work together ATI'S drivers for dual core multiple threads will no dought surpass nvidias drivers for intel cpu's multi threading.

Ati working with microsoft can only benefit ATi its that simple. I release that microsft has to set standards for the vista os that is given to all the players but because ati and ms were working on R500 together ati got information that nvidia didn't have until just recently. MS and ATI are infact working together were as nvidia is out in the cold on their own.

#9 Turtle 1, Jan 8, 2006
  10. Razor1

Veteran

Then there were others that got it working just fine, by definition thats a bug, since it does work, just that its not working with all system configurations. This isn't what you were rambling with the previous thread you created, and what you are eluding to in this thread, even Faud didn't go that far. Edit correction to post # 8, Faud didn't say anything about nV not being able to render Aero glass, he hinted at drivers weren't ready.

#10 Razor1, Jan 8, 2006
  11. karlotta

karlotta pifft
    Veteran

i would imagin its about the 5200 class... that MS doesnt want to bork Vista with lame out of spec Dx9 cards. Which are on how many comps? way too many.

12. Turtle 1

Newcomer

NVIDIA: Two-tiered Windows Vista hardware support may split product line

A representative from NVIDIA told us at CES that the two tiers of hardware support from Microsoft's forthcoming Windows Vista - which are now called "Vista Standard" and "Vista Premium" - may very well result not only in different simultaneous classes of graphics cards, but also very obvious appearance differences in the Vista front-end.

This leads me to believe their is more to this story here than meets the eye

" - may very well result not only in different simultaneous classes of graphics cards, but also very obvious appearance differences in the Vista front-end

The above sentance is said to be from nvidia read that line several times:cry:

13. Razor1

Veteran

That wasn't stated by any nV rep, it was stated by the author of the article and they seem to be stating both Dx9 and WGF 2.0 cards are going to be made and selling at the same time, not nV is going to be making two types of each of thier cards, and the different class cards will give different visuals in Vista. Which is pretty much true if nV is planning to make thier g70 line last 1.5 years as low end to mid range, which they have stated for quite some time now, and only add on high end Dx10 cards

#13 Razor1, Jan 8, 2006
  14. Arun

Arun Unknown.
    Moderator Legend Veteran

It's not because you don't realize you're wrong that you're right, you know...

15. Turtle 1

Newcomer

Razor you have gone to the Orb correct. How many of the guys getting high scores admit that their artifacting all over the place and their scores are about as valid the kennedy mircle bullet that changed directions several times.

The first link you posted . read it. the guy loads a beta version of vista on his work computer LOL. Than he goes and buys a Nv card and than returns after he is done experamenting with . Ya this is guy I would trust. He was however honest about ATI'S results.

On this buying a card an than returning it because of what ever reason does not instill honesty to my point of view. As you can tell I am older person . But if my children had the same attitude as many younger adult americans they would not be allowed in my home period.

GOD/ Family/ Work/ and lastly country. Thats how I am and dam the rest.

Look at the latest news on the West virgina mining accident. The headlines saying all was well. Thats what many in this country have become. I most definitly am in the minority in this country not as a race but idealizism.
    Forums many time censor members post not because there is something bad in the post but just because it goes against the majority view.

Which is fine if you live in any other part of the world . But censorship in the USA is just plain wrong.

I wonder who well be our first dictator?

16. Turtle 1

Newcomer

It says a rep for nvidia made that statement does it not

17. micron

micron Diamond Viper 550
    Veteran

Glass works with 5200 hardware. Some of the guys on WinVistaSecrets.com have even posted screenshots.

18. Sxotty

Legend Veteran

It says an ATI rep doesn't it? I guess that makes it true...

19. Turtle 1

Newcomer

This is exactly what I am saying twist around how you want . there is only one guy I really listen to in the forums he has been wrong about sometings I am sure and thar Dave.

I admit I struggle to follow him sometimes since i have only I high school eduction And struggled to get threw that. I went to work fulltime when I was 15 and worked full time 4 to 12 all the way threw High school. I did miss out on alot as far as education goes . But when home shopping/ microsoft/ digital equipment / Apple came out on the stock exchange. I had the $$ to buy these high risk stocks. Sure I am not will educated but I live the American dream!

20. Razor1

Veteran

You're talking about unreleasted products (which won't be released anytime in the near future as much as a year away) and then twisting the story around to your way (not saying this is wrong but personal bias does change stories a bit). Does that make much more sense then blue is green?

No it doesn't read it again,

The rep stated that there were two tiers of hardware support.
    the hyphen designates where the rep stops saying and where the author of the story adds in his own thoughts.

#20 Razor1, Jan 8, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.