nVidia releases interactive raytracing engine

Did you put the files in the same directory as the patch before running? Works fine for me (once I disabled AVG).

Did you put the files in the same directory as the patch before running? Works fine for me (once I disabled AVG).

Yeah all three. How long did it take for you patch it? It shows the patching screen for me but it stops at the first green line. I'll try disabling avg and see if that helps.

Enforcer, thanks for the patch and the source. What do these magic numbers mean?

Code:
394424207405C644241F01 394424207400C644241F01
4658000051756164726F00 475400004765466F726300

Is anyone getting this error when starting the demos, after applying the patch in Win 7:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

I got that message because my anti-virus program was blocking access. Worked after I disabled it.

I disabled AVG, re-patched, but still got the error message. I think Win 7 is just a pain in the ass when it comes to permissions. Will try this patch in Linux.

Well, got around the Windows error. Linux to the rescue :). Just had to add...

Code:
#include <string.h>

to 'binpatch' to get it to compile in GCC.

Yeah all three. How long did it take for you patch it? It shows the patching screen for me but it stops at the first green line. I'll try disabling avg and see if that helps.

Same here and I'm not running AVG..

I guess it's simply because it's beta at the moment, and they want feedback from the Quadro crowd first and foremost, as these are usually researchers or professional clients (read: $$$). I'm pretty sure once the final is out, it'll run on non-Quadro cards as well.

Can you supply a patch for running Geforce!
New patch (for version 1.0 of demos):
http://rapidshare.de/files/48630037/nvidia.optix.1.0.geforce.patch.zip.html
There are 3 new demos:

NVIDIA-OptiX-Ambient-Occlusion-1.0.0.exe
NVIDIA-OptiX-Cook-1.0.0.exe
NVIDIA-OptiX-Glass-1.0.0.exe
NVIDIA-OptiX-JuliaSet-1.0.0.exe
NVIDIA-OptiX-Whirligig-1.0.0.exe
NVIDIA-OptiX-Whitted-1.0.0.exe

edit:binpatch.exe now linked statically with msvcrt

OptiX SDK 1.0.0 released too, and more samples!
patched DLL for SDK 32- and 64-bit:
http://rapidshare.de/files/48630137/nvidia.OptiX.SDK.1.0.0.geforce.patch.zip.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. Though I'm not sure what the upcoming Hustle Kings on PS3 is doing, but it looks pretty nice also.
just looked it up, it looks like theyre raytracing, first 'real' implementation of raytacing on a console

I've said before they should make a snooker game for the ps3

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=791959&postcount=34

actually looking closer at a couple of screenshots, false alarm its not raytraced

Last edited by a moderator:
Please

can someone nice please re-up this stuff? please, it would mean a lot to me, because i lost the original versions and cant get it working with the info here. thank you sooooo much, and hopefully somebody gets this soon. btw, amazing work on patching it.

Back