nVidia release new all singing all dancing dets.

Nagorak said:
You know, with all the forum battles that go on between fanATics and Nvidiots, maybe someone should make a scoreboard so we can keep track. Maybe a 2D map showing territories so we can see who's winning, sort of like an online war game. ;)

Cool I'm in :LOL:

Cool I'm in

You see, that's the problem.

You're all for participating in wars, fueling them, bickering over senseless crap, etc. You put that little smiley in there as if you didn't want to be taken serious...But the fact of the matter is that you would much prefer to have that sort of atmosphere.

The one thing this forum does _not_ need is to have some sort of scoreboard...of any shape/form.

Prime said:
Althornin said:
no, there could not

And you logic is flawed

Well geez, I stand corrected. Such compelling arguments have swayed me over to your side... :rolleyes:
PS. And you grammar is flawed
I told you where the problem is, its in your logic.
If you cant see it, then i wont be able to explain it to you. ITs called logic. I suggest you try and use some.
And thanks for picking on a mistyped word. It really proves your superiority. All hail Prime, the grammar nazi!

I think its funny that although beyond3d.com is as neutral as a website can be, the boards(lately) are no differrent(WORSE?) than than any fansite listed.

Pointing fingers at other sites is currently just the kettle calling the pot black.

Typedef Enum said:
Cool I'm in

You're all for participating in wars, fueling them, bickering over senseless crap, etc. You put that little smiley in there as if you didn't want to be taken serious...But the fact of the matter is that you would much prefer to have that sort of atmosphere.

The one thing this forum does _not_ need is to have some sort of scoreboard...of any shape/form.

You completely missed the sarcasm in that post. Makes the initiative to add a sarcasm tag a necessity for some of you :rolleyes:

Typedef Enum said:
Cool I'm in

No kidding...chill... I don't consider bickering over image quality senseless crap

Maybe a 2D map showing territories so we can see who's winning, sort of like an online war game.

Good idea! But HardOCP should be NVIDIA green in the provided chart (given they were the first to rush to press with the binary quakifier NVIDIA gave to them and go to the beck and call of NV PR Rep #x).

This is like an online war game... with NVIDIA displaying the Zerg rush of flooding out the competition with high quantities of mindless, worthless units to bemuddle the war. :)

You completely missed the sarcasm in that post. Makes the initiative to add a sarcasm tag a necessity for some of you

No, I most definitely did _not_ miss the sarcasm...

Read what I stated...I clearly said that I realize he put a smiley in his post...BUT, I'm smart enough to realize that this individual would much rather tear apart useful threads...inject phrases like, "Look kid, you don't know who I know"...and the like. So, I know for a fact that putting up a scoreboard is right up his alley.

(given they were the first to rush to press with the binary quakifier NVIDIA gave to them and go to the beck and call of NV PR Rep #x).

Increased traffic was most likely the motivation behind publishing that article ASAP rather then being at the beck and call of NV... Kyle has published articles pointing out flaws in NVIDIA products before. These right here, for example....

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MjQw

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MjQx

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MjQy

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MjQz

Here's an article HardOCP published dispelling alot of questions about ATi's original radeon card...

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MjAy

Here's a quote from Kyle in that article...

Although this situation probably should have been easily avoided, ATI is making great efforts to take care of all of us. The simple fact that they did make efforts to get in touch with us on a proactive basis when we exposed the confusion, says something positive about ATI. ATI is most likely selling every single Radeon card they can produce right now and a simple trip to the store shelves will show you that. Even though their sales are not crying foul, they have still come to listen to the complaints the peeps are making and are going to make an honest effort to remedy the situation.

If it takes kissing NVIDIA's ass to get review units and add revenue (Prolly what really keeps the site alive) what proof is there that ATi does not demand the same?

Typedef Enum said:
You completely missed the sarcasm in that post. Makes the initiative to add a sarcasm tag a necessity for some of you

No, I most definitely did _not_ miss the sarcasm...

Read what I stated...I clearly said that I realize he put a smiley in his post...BUT, I'm smart enough to realize that this individual would much rather tear apart useful threads...inject phrases like, "Look kid, you don't know who I know"...and the like. So, I know for a fact that putting up a scoreboard is right up his alley.

What exactly did I tear apart here Type, I posted facts, links to the truth..All I did was rain on your parade...sorry about that
eek7.gif

Doomtrooper said:
Like the link above states, unless texture sharpening and Anisotropic 1 is checked the IQ is lower, yet increased frames...
*sighs*

3dchips.net . . . right. You have read these 22 pages here? And you don't realise 3dchips is, like others before, mistaking the true default settings of Detonator40 with "defaulting to aniso 0°"?

Better have a look at the short article on 3DCenter. Be sure to check out the two registry keys updates. /shameless plug ;)

ta,
-Sascha.rb

Sharkfood said:
Maybe a 2D map showing territories so we can see who's winning, sort of like an online war game.

Good idea! But HardOCP should be NVIDIA green in the provided chart (given they were the first to rush to press with the binary quakifier NVIDIA gave to them and go to the beck and call of NV PR Rep #x).

This is like an online war game... with NVIDIA displaying the Zerg rush of flooding out the competition with high quantities of mindless, worthless units to bemuddle the war. :)

Hehe, good point, my mistake!

Back