Nvidia Pascal Reviews [1080XP, 1080ti, 1080, 1070ti, 1070, 1060, 1050, and 1030]

Finally traded up from my trusty 780 Ti to a gtx 1080 (gigabyte's extreme version). I was really hoping to stick with fully enabled "big" GPUs but the castrated GP102 in the richly priced Titan derailed that plan. Oh competition, you are sorely missed!

It's an impressive piece of hardware ~2x performance of the 780 Ti, runs cool and quiet. Unfortunately I'm still playing games that are 3-6 years old and new hardware can't make up for outdated graphics. On the bright side 5k DSR looks pretty good in those old titles :)

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC Performs Very Good On GTX 770; Graphic Options Revealed

In the Neogaf post, the Neogaf user states to work for OpenCritic and managed to obtain a review code. Mankind Divided seems to be pretty good with 40-45FPS on Ultra settings using a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 770 with 2GB of VRAM and an i5 CPU.

On High settings, he reports that the game runs at approximately 45-50 FPS. On Medium settings, Mankind Divided runs at 55-60 FPS with “little to no drops”.
http://wccftech.com/deus-ex-mankind-divided-pc-performs-gtx-770-graphic-options/

Well custom Pascal seems to be holding up reasonably well in the AMD Duex Ex: Mankind Divided apart from the 1060.
I prefer to look at custom comparison AIB rather than reference models, because well that is what most gamers would prefer to buy and more indicative what is achievable with optimal HW and profiles due to thermals-power settings-etc.
The custom 1060 seems to be behind a custom 980 by around 6-10%, while the custom 480 is doing well being only around 5-15% behind Fury X depending upon resolution.
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Deus-.../Specials/Benchmarks-Test-DirectX-12-1204575/
They have a nice list of diverse GPUs tested.

Cheers

1060-6GB - 1.9 Ghz - 58.5 FPS
1060-3GB - 1.9 Ghz - 48.0 FPS

Ouch. 21% more performance for the 6GB version. Getting hammered by the cut down 1060 and potentially by the memory amount as well. Also possibly being affected by Nvidia's own buggy drivers (WHQL to boot!) WRT the 1060.

Regards,
SB

1060-6GB - 1.9 Ghz - 58.5 FPS
1060-3GB - 1.9 Ghz - 48.0 FPS

Ouch. 21% more performance for the 6GB version. Getting hammered by the cut down 1060 and potentially by the memory amount as well. Also possibly being affected by Nvidia's own buggy drivers (WHQL to boot!) WRT the 1060.

Regards,
SB
Yeah.

I think that comes back to drivers (only a bit) where comments in other reviews mentioned that performance increased when using the older drivers, which ironically are not fine tumed for this game or 3GB 1060.
But that would only be some of it as another review compared custom MSI 1060 3GB to reference 6GB 1060, and in RoTR the reference 6GB was 10% faster, and the reference 6GB was just over 20% faster in Hitman (interestingly another AMD-ish game).
They should save everyone's time and rename this card as a 1050, the reduced cores and memory are definitely having a big impact and wrong to categorise it the same product as the 6GB model.
Cheers

Yeah.

I think that comes back to drivers (only a bit) where comments in other reviews mentioned that performance increased when using the older drivers, which ironically are not fine tumed for this game or 3GB 1060.
But that would only be some of it as another review compared custom MSI 1060 3GB to reference 6GB 1060, and in RoTR the reference 6GB was 10% faster, and the reference 6GB was just over 20% faster in Hitman (interestingly another AMD-ish game).
They should save everyone's time and rename this card as a 1050, the reduced cores and memory are definitely having a big impact and wrong to categorise it the same product as the 6GB model.
Cheers

Yup I am currently recommending to all of my customers and friends to avoid the 1060-3GB at all costs, it just isn't worth it and the naming is misleading as hell. If newer drivers manage to improve things significantly I may revise that recommendation.

Regards,
SB

I suggest to watch the 30 sec video showing the run they use as benchmark.. its a bit light. running in the street for 30sec. with nearly no npc, small lights, closed street... i was ask me how they had so high fps.

They built-in benchmark uses a very heavy scene, I haven't encountered fps that low in the game yet.

The $199 EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB vs. the $199 PowerColor Red Devil RX 470 review
big-picture.jpg

http://www.babeltechreviews.com/evga-gtx-1060-3gb-vs-red-devil-rx-470/

… and 3 out of 4 games are gaming evolved titles?
Warhammer isn't a gaming evolved title. In fact, only Deus Ex is a gaming evolved title.
Ashes of the Singularity has only a cross-promotion contract. You won't see the "Gaming Evolved" logo in its website, only AMD's, and there's also this official post from Oxide and this tidbit from one of their developers:
Nvidia was actually a far more active collaborator over the summer then AMD was, If you judged from email traffic and code-checkins, you'd draw the conclusion we were working closer with Nvidia rather than AMD
wink.gif
As you've pointed out, there does exist a marketing agreement between Stardock (our publisher) for Ashes with AMD.

Nice try, though.

You forgot to mention tough, that the RX 470 RD also wins in 3DMark Time Spy.
Irrelevant. Not a game.

And the list of spinners continues to grow.

Back