NVidia Maths

What's wrong with me? Why can't I just laugh like everybody else? Why must I just start wondering about how they came up with that number instead of just immediately thinking they used the Stetson-Harrison method and get to the part where I laugh like a maniac... Why can't I just spill the coffee on the keyboard and ruin the laptop, like everybody else?

Too curious.

Where did the word "over" go to ?

That's nvidia's get out of jail free card of course. Logically speaking of course.

:D

Over 200 GFlops shading power.
5.2 TFlops of total compute power.

Mendel is right. There's no reason for laughing unless we know exactly what these numbers represent. There's a chance there's still some magic going on, but the correct answer is not necessarily 800 GFlops.

Deathlike2 said:
This information probably coming from two different powerpoint slideshows... but yet priceless..

They certainly did. But the way the presentation was put together is still humerous.,

Nick said:
Over 200 GFlops shading power.
5.2 TFlops of total compute power.

Mendel is right. There's no reason for laughing unless we know exactly what these numbers represent. There's a chance there's still some magic going on, but the correct answer is not necessarily 800 GFlops.

compute power includes at last vertex and pixel shader operations, texture filter operations and alpha blend/Z operations.

Compute power also includes fixed-purpose stuff, such as rasterization interpolation. Simply put, NVIDIA's slides are both correct, and laughing at it just proves your catastrophic understanding of the technology. Heck, they're even formulated in a technically accurate way! Sorry for having to be mean, but it's true :p

Uttar

Uttar said:
Compute power also includes fixed-purpose stuff, such as rasterization interpolation. Simply put, NVIDIA's slides are both correct, and laughing at it just proves your catastrophic understanding of the technology. Heck, they're even formulated in a technically accurate way! Sorry for having to be mean, but it's true :p

Uttar

I know but I have an other nvidia paper here to contains only this four parts to calculate compute power of a GPU.

Back