Nvidia hardware 180 days lockdown

Don't know if here's the correct place to ask this question.

Some guy in a forum just claimed he's a staff of NVIDIA, and tell everyone that nvidia's high-end hardware has a 180 days lockdown.

The definition of the lockdown probably you cannot use your NVIDIA video card anymore. Blank screen.

I'm curious, is there really such thing, or that guy was pulling a good humour.:LOL:

Thanks in advance.

Richteralan said:
Don't know if here's the correct place to ask this question.

Some guy in a forum just claimed he's a staff of NVIDIA, and tell everyone that nvidia's high-end hardware has a 180 days lockdown.

The definition of the lockdown probably you cannot use your NVIDIA video card anymore. Blank screen.

I'm curious, is there really such thing, or that guy was pulling a good humour.:LOL:

Thanks in advance.

:LOL: who's this guy? He deserves public derision.

Richteralan said:
If what some anonymous guy on some unknown web forum says sounds so weird to you that you have to fact-check it by asking about it on another web forum, it probably isn't true at all. ;)

Besides, why would nvidia make their hardware stop working after 180 days? It's technically possible of course, but what reason would they possibly have to do so? It wouldn't even be legal unless the product states it only works for roughly six months... :LOL:

Actually it isn't as bullshit as you guys think.
Both Ati and nVidia have an option in the BIOS that lock down the hardware.
This is used in the engineering process and it is taken out afterwards with a BIOS flash.

The option is called an "off" button or a BIOS delete.
Am I successful in being funny?

Back