Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 Reviews

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
Is there a specific announced date for RTX 4080s yet? All I'm seeing is the general "November 2022" timeframe.

Nope. Just November. We might get more info on November 3rd just so NVIDIA can rain on AMD's launch parade.

Talking about the fake 4080...
First Time in GPU history ever for such move.
The overall public backlash AND internal turmoil caused by the controversial name were really too much

Last edited:
I want to know who thought that was a good idea in the first place and what was the reasoning. Hilarious
edit: nevermind, don't want to start the stupid arguments again as to why.

I feel bad for all the AIB's that made boards already. They are going to have to rebrand all that stuff to the new name. Also we will just see this become the 4070 with the same bad pricing.

I feel bad for all the AIB's that made boards already. They are going to have to rebrand all that stuff to the new name. Also we will just see this become the 4070 with the same bad pricing.
4070ti at the same price, and people will think that's ok because it's $400 cheaper than the 4080. Yay for price anchoring.

4070ti at the same price, and people will think that's ok because it's $400 cheaper than the 4080. Yay for price anchoring.

I doubt they will sit on the inventory of already manufactured and ready to ship cards until a TI makes sense. They will just replace the plastic bits that say 4080 with 4070 and print new boxes to shove them in and just put it back out the door with the same price.

I think the 4080 runt renamed as a 4070 and at the $600-700 would have worked. But I am sure they want to get what was going to be the real 4070 at that price point.

So apparently all the boxes and labelling etc. are made for the 12Gb version and Nvidia are actually subsidizing the costs to reproduce those. That's quite surprising from Nvidia, but kudos for doing what you should be doing... for once.

So apparently all the boxes and labelling etc. are made for the 12Gb version and Nvidia are actually subsidizing the costs to reproduce those. That's quite surprising from Nvidia, but kudos for doing what you should be doing... for once.

GN also suggests it will probably come down in price and launch at CES in Jan. Looks like I'm waiting a few more months for a new GPU. Hopefully it'll be more than just a token price drop although I expect not. My guess is $799 and 4070Ti. Anything lower is also going to impact the 4080 (thankfully we can now stop adding 16GB to that) value proposition.

With that monster performance it seems the high end becomes enthusiast meanwhile enthusiast becomes ’Titan’, translsting mid-range to the high end of previous generations.

Back