Nvidia Geforce 175.16 WHQL

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by Unknown Soldier, May 15, 2008.

1. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

-WHQL Certified for Windows XP, VISTA
    -Supports GeForce FX, 6, 7, 8, and 9 series GPUs including these newly released GPUs:
    GeForce 9800 GX2
    GeForce 9800 GTX
    GeForce 9600 GT
    GeForce 9600 GSO
    GeForce 8300
    GeForce 8200/ nForce 730a
    GeForce 8100/NVIDIA nForce 720a
    -Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLIā„¢ technology* on DirectX 9 and OpenGL.
    -Adds new PureVideo HD features for GeForce 9800 GX2, 9800 GTX, 9600 GT and 9600 GSO:
    Dynamic Contrast Enhancement
    Dynamic Blue, Green & Skin Tone Enhancements
    Dual-Stream Decode Acceleration**
    -Improved performance on many DirectX 9 and OpenGL applications.
    -Numerous game and application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.
    -Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
    GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring is available by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.

* Note:Quad SLI technology with GeForce 9800 GX2, 3-way SLI technology, and Hybrid SLI technology are only supported on Windows Vista.
    ** Note: Users will require updated software from third-party movie players to experience the new Dual-Stream decode acceleration for Blu-ray and HD DVD playback features.

Download:
    VISTA x86
    VISTA x64
    XP x86
    XP x64

2. MulciberXP

Regular

#2 MulciberXP, May 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
  3. suryad

Veteran

laptopvideo2go is showing 175.70 is out though not WHQL. Are these drivers you posted Uknown Soldier, final releases from Nvidia and not beta releases?

4. pcchen

pcchen Moderator
    Moderator Veteran Subscriber

These are currently the official driver released by NVIDIA for most newer display cards (that is, when you go to NVIDIA's web site and select "download drivers" you'll get these). They are WHQL certified.

5. suryad

Veteran

Got it thanks. I just installed it. No issues so far. FInished Assassin's Creed and I am not sure but I noticed higher fps than before...good set of drivers so far. Will give a test run on some other games installed on my rig.

6. Razor1

Veteran

I'm getting stability issues when playing video (AVI files in paticalur with xvid, divx, AC3 codecs), other then that very solid. But its intermitant, have to play like 30 + different files before stability gets to be a problem.

System: MacPro 2x quad, 8800gtx, Vista 64

7. pcchen

pcchen Moderator
    Moderator Veteran Subscriber

This driver seems to have some problems with planar YUV format and deinterlace (planar YUV alone or deinterlance with YUY2 are ok). I'm using a GeForce 9600GT with Windows XP.

8. suryad

Veteran

I played a MP game of vegas with a few friends and I remember performance definitely improving in the levels we played where previously I would have stuttering. I really love this driver set!