NVIDIA GDC07 Presentations Available

Arun

Unknown.
Legend
I will update this thread and its title with the AMD presentations as soon as they are available. Will also post it on the front page later today, probably.

http://blogs.nvidia.com/developers/2007/03/gdc_presentatio_1.html
NVIDIA FX Composer 2: A Comprehensive Shader Development Package
[download] Slides

GPU Optimization with the Latest NVIDIA Performance Tools
[coming soon] Slides

GeForce 8800 OpenGL Extensions
[download] Slides

NVIDIA Demo Team Secrets – Cascades
[download] Slides (.zip + movies)

NVIDIA Demo Team Secrets – Advanced Skin Rendering
[download] Slides

Real-time volumetric smoke using D3D10
[download] Slides

Soft shadows using hierarchical min-max shadow maps
[download] Slides

How to make use of Direct3D10 now
[download] Slides

Some of the links on the site were updated to link to PDFs. Use the links directly from the blog if the quoted ones don't work.

Some of the links on the site were updated to link to PDFs. Use the links directly from the blog if the quoted ones don't work.
Thanks, fixed.

And yeah, the Cascades presentation is awesome. The Adrianne presentation was interesting too - and it also explains why the demo didn't impress me so much. They focused ridiculously much on the face, and not on the rest of the body. Face-only zooms look incredibly good, but the rest is so-so, IMO.

I was really happy with the Cascades presentation. I like the waterfall rendering ideas, and I think I'll pursue a bit of research of that front. Ideally I want to be able to render a convincing river/stream with significant currents, obstacles, etc.

Damn it's amazing the amount of mathematical and visual trickery going on in 3D scenes to make people think they're looking at what they think they're looking at :)

I would never have guessed the waterfalls were created that way. I wonder how many guys worked on cascades - I think geo's guess was one! :LOL:

The Cascades tutorial is truly amazing. Especially the tricks with the moving water texture.. they teach a lot!

Thanks, fixed.

And yeah, the Cascades presentation is awesome. The Adrianne presentation was interesting too - and it also explains why the demo didn't impress me so much. They focused ridiculously much on the face, and not on the rest of the body. Face-only zooms look incredibly good, but the rest is so-so, IMO.

show me your demo arun :LOL:

The Adrianne presentation was interesting too - and it also explains why the demo didn't impress me so much. They focused ridiculously much on the face, and not on the rest of the body. Face-only zooms look incredibly good, but the rest is so-so, IMO.

I'd also add that the model wasn't that impressive in the artistic sense. Applying the same effects to a better character would've produced quite more impressive results IMHO.

FWIW, the Ruby demo assets are even worse then this. Why can't the IHVs get some stuff from real game developers?

Back